Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel line question, want to clear something up.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tod914
I recently purchased some 7mm ID fuel which I thought would be high pressure German OE line (rubber hose with the internal braiding). I received black covered cloth rubber line in 7mm. It's my understanding the black cloth covered line is not suitable for high pressure applications i.e., in the engine bay. Can somebody verify?

Thankyou,

Tod
VaccaRabite
Yeah, I think that is LP line for carbs.

Zach
aircooledtechguy
You were sent the wrong stuff. That's carb hose. . .
Cap'n Krusty
Cloth braid covered fuel line was what came on our cars. The "HO" campaign to replace potentially fire causing fuel lines and the battery cover was the first time we saw smooth HP fuel lines on 914s. The advent of CIS FI was when it became commonly available.

The Cap'n
tod914
Thanks guys. Appreciate that.
ME733
popcorn[1].gif ...and Capt. crusty, do you agree,...That most all of the high pressure , fuel injection fuel line available today is / has a Much heaver braid inside the outer rubber covering...(as compaired to low pressure fuel line for carburators)., and therefore is much "stiffer" when making connections and bends for connections.... popcorn[1].gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.