Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What do you think!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
badm
Last week I was pulling my lower dash to have it re-covered and I got an idea to try something. I have an old lower dash with lots of cracks, what the hell lets try it, so I covered it with black felt carpet. What do you think?
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
r_towle
Blasphemy...

How could you alter an original car...my god.

Sell it now before you get carried off into the custom world.

Rich
badm
QUOTE(r_towle @ Nov 16 2009, 05:23 PM) *

Blasphemy...

How could you alter an original car...my god.

Sell it now before you get carried off into the custom world.

Rich

Thats why I still have the other lower dash to re-cover. Ben.
r_towle
please know I kid you.

Rich
Ferg
I dig it! aktion035.gif
914Sixer
I like it. I was wondering if you had done a top to match the lower. Just a thought. I have a couple if you want one.
badm
QUOTE(r_towle @ Nov 16 2009, 05:44 PM) *

please know I kid you.

Rich

I am ripping it off as I type!!!!! Thought I was doing it as a short term fix to fill the gap as the other was being re-covered but its not looking to bad. I will get my spare re-done as well. No kidding on 914world Ha!!!!!!!!!!
Sleepin
Top and bottom with some long orange shag.....then you would have something! lol-2.gif

That looks great though!
john grier
Oh that is blasfamey on an original six
Shoot I have a ton of those lower covers from cars that I have stripped.
I did not think that they went bad.
Shame on you for putting that in a six or a 4.
Bruce Allert
You've a very professional looking job there Bud beerchug.gif I really like that.

.......b
shoguneagle
Looks neat and professional. Actually looks like it belongs originally to the car. I keep it and enjoy it since it provides total balance to rest of your interior. Finish the other one as original and replace as you see fit.

I like it.

steve hurt
number6
I don't think it looks bad.

Just looks like it needs a shave down there!

My vote is for the stock look (or covered to match the top pad - I assume stitched leather?).
Hammy
I dig
lotus_65
looks good, but i must admit i thought your car grew a beard!
veltror
Longest Landing strip I have seen....
jsayre914
i think it looks great. now you need to finish it off with a 2 foot neon tube hidden up in each foot well happy11.gif
Jasfsmith
Very nicely done. Looks great.
Bruce Allert
After looking at your photos again I noticed your carpet is the same pile as the lower dash. It makes it look like an extension of the floors carpet. That's really cool smile.gif
......b
badm
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Nov 17 2009, 05:30 AM) *

i think it looks great. now you need to finish it off with a 2 foot neon tube hidden up in each foot well happy11.gif

The neon lamp thing just did it for me, the last thing I want is to have this thing look all riced out. OH shit! I hope the god of 914's will forgive my transgression. lol-2.gif
jmill
I actually like it. You did a nice, clean job. I think it pulls the floor and dash together. I also think you should go with the original. Your level of detail is fantastic. It would be a shame to blow it on the lower dash. You don't want guys saying " fantastic car but what's up with that lower dash?"
jmill
That said, yours looks better than this one, and it's a factory racer.

underthetire
Looks good, now just do some red crushed velvet tuck and roll, add some tassles along the roll bar and you'll be done ! lol-2.gif
PanelBilly
Like it
plymouth37
I like it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.