Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need help with ground control coilover kit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
vintage914racer
Good morning. I'm having problems getting my questions answered so I figured I would post it here.

As anticipated my ground control coilover kit arrived today and I have questions listed below.

1. The hole in the upper spring perch is not large enough for the top of the shock. Can I simply drill the hole out or should I complain to ground control? I'm anxious to get these installed on the car, but realistically I won't be able to do anything with the car until next spring anyway

2. At what notch should I put the circlip on my Bilstein sports? In the past I've read to put it on the second notch, does this seem correct

I'm having a problem posting pictures.

SirAndy
I'm confused.

Do you mean the threaded collar does not slide over the shock? They come in different sizes for different brands of shocks.

Or are you talking about the top piece that goes on top of the spring?

I have a ground control kit with Koni shocks and everything was a good, tight fit.
idea.gif Andy
vintage914racer
The threaded collar fits fine. I am having issues with the top hat that goes on top of the spring. There is a stepped hole for the very top of shock that is not large enough. I already called GC and they were a bit confused. I'm sending them detailed pictures to better explain the issue.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.