Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: 73-74 2.0 Right side engine tin
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
tod914
Looking to find NOS or excellent condition (with original paint), passanger side tin. The piece with the spark plug holes. For 73-74 2.0 model. 039 119 229 A cover plate for cyl R.

Thanks,

Tod
Tom_T
Hey Tod - as an aside question - how important or critical in a 914 resto, is it to use only NOS or original paint in excellent cond. for these various parts vs. well restored repainted/powder coated ones??

....or is it just personal preference & what's available?

I ask this in guidance for restoring my own 73 2L
ConeDodger
Tod,
Let me check my stash. I have lots of tin that is all powdercoated. Not sure if I have an extra right side cover.
tod914
My drivers side & all the other tin is original paint. The passanger side has been repainted. Unfortunetly the Porsche Grey/Black is near impossible to match. Lots of High temp blacks come close, but you can still notice a difference side by side. The wurth satin black is too grey and is not high temp. I even tried to have a paintshop use a spectrometer on a flat peice of tin. They were unable to get a good color match off it to mix.
Tom, If all the pieces are done the same way, I don't think it matters if you powdercoat of paint it. The slight difference from the original color will not be noticed. Mine if you look at, you can tell the difference.
Thanks Rob.
Tom_T
Tod, have you tried the grey-black on the link below, from that same website as the intake runner dove grey?

http://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsL...cfm?ID=PAINTL43

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.