Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: hidden treasure
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jaymann
Just Wondering:Has anyone else out there found anything of value in the process of a resto?I have found tools in the engine comp,a nice ring,a watch,envelope with money.And now a pistol under the spare tire.I think now, thats everything.What did you find?Jaymann
SirAndy
QUOTE(Jaymann @ Nov 17 2009, 09:51 AM) *

What did you find?

Rust ... dry.gif
blitZ
Dead mouse under the pedal board. Sounds like your car was owned by a gangster.
underthetire
1/2 a joint.
Dr. Roger
another 1/2 a joint. maybe it's a 914 thing or a Nor Cal thing.. LOL
tat2dphreak
the important question to me...

what kind of pistol? ar15.gif cool_shades.gif
VaccaRabite
I found about $1.35 in coins.

I *wish* what I found cool stuff like guns in any of the old cars I've owned...

Zach
Shade Tree
Recent 914 had several silver coins lodged under the E-brake. Other than that, this was under the seat of my '66 lincoln when I brought it home.

IPB Image

I adopted him and he lives in my back yard....Like IN my yard...ok under.
aircooledtechguy
When I bought my '66 VW Bus, I took it to the police station and asked for a courtesy drug dog sniff test. I was in the military at the time and didn't want to chance my career on a stray 20 y/o joint. . . shades.gif
Mark Henry
In my '67 bus I found a mint 1966 5 cent piece under the dash, or how ever their money works.
Must of fell out of a workers pocket.

Dryer sheets keeps away the critters, just don't put them in the engine compartment.
Cupomeat
Yeah, nothing but PVC pipe pieces and a few crap tools...

Damn, I wish I found a gun!
SirAndy
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Nov 17 2009, 10:41 AM) *

In my '67 bus I found a mint 1966 5 cent piece under the dash, or how ever their money works.

That would be 5 Pfennig ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pfennig

shades.gif Andy
Sleepin
Found a roll of pennies, a couple hide a keys (one inside a front turn signal) and my wife's name written in 30 year old paint pen on my tachometer.
underthetire
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Nov 17 2009, 03:44 PM) *

Found a roll of pennies, a couple hide a keys (one inside a front turn signal) and my wife's name written in 30 year old paint pen on my tachometer.

As long as she didn't say " i remember this car". lol-2.gif
john grier
When I took out the seats in My green 914 back in the early 90's
to clean underneath, I found a tape measure, a screwdriver, a watch, and
a cassette of Paul Revere and the Raiders greatest hits.
morph
I found a wallet with 120.00 dollars in it that a woman lost in 1979.i kept the money and sent her back the wallet after i found her.it had old pictures ect i thought she might want it back .she was pretty excited to get it back.
i have found old ass weed i dont know how many times.one car had three little mirrors under the passenger seat with a ton of little tiny straws every where.yuck the 70s.i got some old club cal neva tokens on my desk right now from reno.i was wondering if they had any value since no one in nevada uses tokens any more.
james
plymouth37
A couple years worth of roaches in the ash tray, a 30 year old carton of Swisher Sweets and about a buck worth of loose change.
computers4kids
Coins, brass knuckles, and a funeral announcement. Turned out the relatives of the guy who passed away drove his 914 to the funeral in memory of him. I guess they said he really like his cars and this was their way of putting closure to his life. The car had not been driven since...until me.

The most interesting in one of my 914a was a guy's CA driver's license in a plastic bag hidden up under the dash wedged between the dash pad and frame. I googled the guy and he turned out to be a real 'peach'...not the kind of guy you want to know. Anyway, threw the DL away and never looked back.
jk76.914
A Pickett slide rule. In a leather case.
bigkensteele
I bought my 75 1.8 in Minnesota and drove it back to Cincinnati. For the first couple of hours, it smelled like chicken on a barbecue - not a bad smell if you are actually standing by your grill with a beer in your hand. However, when you are driving an old car that sat for a few years, you can only imagine what kinda critter is cooking somewhere just behind your back. I stopped at a gas station and looked all around the motor and what I could see underneath. I never found the varmit, but I did find that my air box was completely full of acorns. I can only assume that the original owner of the acorns was cremated on my 13 hour drive south.
wertygrog
strip club free pass from '92, 5 bucks worth of change, CB radio, cassette tapes, and a nice road map from '76! smile.gif
kfish914
I found a 75 Rolling Stone Magazine on top of the spare in my 74 I still keep it there, Don't really know why. confused24.gif screwy.gif
Hammy
I never find old doobies in my 914 sad.gif
bdstone914
QUOTE(Hammy @ Nov 17 2009, 08:07 PM) *

I never find old doobies in my 914 sad.gif

We were given a 914 by a pissed off shop owner whose customer left the car. We found enough canned food in the trunk for a Thanksgiving dinner, boxes of new kitchen utensils, broken cell phone, and boxes of electrical hardware. Much of the stuff was under the engine and trans that they dumped into the interior of the car.

A friend found a 45 automatic and a bag of weed in the door of a VW bus. Figured the last owners were paranoid hippies.
Sleepin
QUOTE(wertygrog @ Nov 17 2009, 08:48 PM) *

strip club free pass from '92,

You bought my old car!? biggrin.gif
Mikey914
Dropped the engine on my car and put in the new rubber, found my Iphone that I lost 2 months earlier. It was wedged in the other hell hole under the relay box. Not sure how it wound up there, but it didn't work.
veltror
I bought a 64 RHD Karmann Ghia some years back, found various papers and crap behind the rear seat together with some garden hosepipe and a receipt from Woolworths. When I contacted what i thought was the original owner, his wife angrily yelled at me and hung up. It turns out he gassed himself in the car, the hospepipe was an offcut...
Hammy
QUOTE(veltror @ Nov 18 2009, 01:29 AM) *

I bought a 64 RHD Karmann Ghia some years back, found various papers and crap behind the rear seat together with some garden hosepipe and a receipt from Woolworths. When I contacted what i thought was the original owner, his wife angrily yelled at me and hung up. It turns out he gassed himself in the car, the hospepipe was an offcut...

slap.gif Whoopsie...
jsayre914
I found a bra in the front trunk biggrin.gif

an 914 bra dry.gif oh well
Rav914
A mint '64 dime in a '66 911 I used to have. That was the neatest thing. The rest have yeilded coins, condoms, receipts, and matches. Nothing really unusual.
underthetire
QUOTE(veltror @ Nov 18 2009, 01:29 AM) *

Oh man, that had to just tweak the rest of your day.
underthetire
If we are not just talking about pcars- The Elcamino my neighbor and I just picked up had, a bible, some rosary beads, some prayer cards, a bunch of used and new condoms, a spoon that looks like it was heated with a cigarette lighter, a hypo-needle, a portable CD player, and some hustlers. I think he must have been very confused.
flipb
QUOTE(underthetire @ Nov 18 2009, 06:42 PM) *

If we are not just talking about pcars- The Elcamino my neighbor and I just picked up had, a bible, some rosary beads, some prayer cards, a bunch of used and new condoms, a spoon that looks like it was heated with a cigarette lighter, a hypo-needle, a portable CD player, and some hustlers. I think he must have been very confused.

In anything other than an El Camino, that would seem like an odd assortment. shades.gif
Hammy
QUOTE(flipb @ Nov 18 2009, 04:03 PM) *

QUOTE(underthetire @ Nov 18 2009, 06:42 PM) *

In anything other than an El Camino, that would seem like an odd assortment. shades.gif

agree.gif laugh.gif
Krank
QUOTE(Shade Tree @ Nov 17 2009, 12:28 PM) *

Recent 914 had several silver coins lodged under the E-brake. Other than that, this was under the seat of my '66 lincoln when I brought it home.

IPB Image

I adopted him and he lives in my back yard....Like IN my yard...ok under.

Seems like it would make a fitting hood ordament for that connie!
TravisNeff
ooooh hidden treasures. chowtime.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.