Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone from Sweden or Finland here
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r_towle
I need help to get some Erik Den Rode Surstomming for christmas.

Rich
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(r_towle @ Nov 17 2009, 08:01 PM) *

Rich

http://www.surstromming.se/Shop/edr.htm
r_towle
QUOTE(Todd Enlund @ Nov 17 2009, 11:23 PM) *

Rich

Wont ship here...
Tis Why I asked.

Rich
hcdmueller
Will they ship to Germany? I can mail it to you from my house.
Chris
rick 918-S
Cool, What is it? Herring like tuna?
HarveyH
Click to view attachment
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Nov 18 2009, 09:06 AM) *

Cool, What is it? Herring like tuna?

Lutefisk barf.gif

Challe
My good! Are you serious?

surstromming is like halfrotten herring, It smells like rotten fish and I can't understand why people here in sweden eats it...

Rich, I can order this stuff for you and post it to you if your absolute sure about what you're dealing with wink.gif (I live in sweden)

How much of this stuff do you want? Do you want excactly that brand? There is several other brands in the local store if any Surstromming is ok with you...

Ps: Lutefisk is nothing compared to Surstromming
Dr Evil
blink.gif Wow.
underthetire
barf.gif Really? barf.gif Thet just brings back memories of that dam fish sandwich i got from burger king.
flipb

Rich

After Rich's original post, I had no idea what he was asking for, but it sounded like maybe the name of some European musician/band/album. I clicked the link that Todd posted, saw the top part of the page and figured that was a box set album.

Then come all these posts about stinky fish...
ericread
QUOTE(flipb @ Nov 18 2009, 09:30 AM) *

Rich

After Rich's original post, I had no idea what he was asking for, but it sounded like maybe the name of some European musician/band/album. I clicked the link that Todd posted, saw the top part of the page and figured that was a box set album.

Then come all these posts about stinky fish...

Sounds to me like Rich is getting some Christmas presents for family members he really doesn't like...
r_towle
Challe, thank you very much.
My wife is swedish, her parents are swedish.
We eat all the swedish dishes and this will be a joke gift.
They have made me eat all of the odd food from sweden over the years.
I now want to experience surstromming.

Even the brand is key.
Erik the red.
He has a viking helmet on his products.
One tin of surstromming and one tin of crackers.
www.surstromming.se sells his brand.

Please let me know how to pay your for your kindness.
Looking forward to a fun meal (out on the lawn) for christmas.

Gut Yule

Rich

QUOTE(Challe @ Nov 18 2009, 10:28 AM) *

My good! Are you serious?

surstromming is like halfrotten herring, It smells like rotten fish and I can't understand why people here in sweden eats it...

Rich, I can order this stuff for you and post it to you if your absolute sure about what you're dealing with wink.gif (I live in sweden)

How much of this stuff do you want? Do you want excactly that brand? There is several other brands in the local store if any Surstromming is ok with you...

Ps: Lutefisk is nothing compared to Surstromming

r_towle
get this...
Sweden consumes 550 tons of surstromming each year..

I cant wait to open up the tin..should be memorable.

Rich
zymurgist
I bet it has fewer microbes and parasites than sushi.
Challe
No problems Rich, I check out how to send it, I know that lots of people send this stuff to relatives in the US from sweden so it shouldn't be any problems.

Be really carefull when you open it, don't open it indoors, the juice from this stuff is really, really nasty, one drop on a carpet will make it to stink for years.
The taste of this stuff is actually really good, the problem for me is that the smell from the mouth starts my puke reflex so I can't swallow wink.gif

I send you a PM when I got more details....

Whatch this smellfree ad for the product...

surstromming
Hammy
NAS T
Dr Evil
QUOTE(Challe @ Nov 19 2009, 03:50 AM) *

No problems Rich, I check out how to send it, I know that lots of people send this stuff to relatives in the US from sweden so it shouldn't be any problems.

Be really carefull when you open it, don't open it indoors, the juice from this stuff is really, really nasty, one drop on a carpet will make it to stink for years.
The taste of this stuff is actually really good, the problem for me is that the smell from the mouth starts my puke reflex so I can't swallow wink.gif

surstromming

Oh, well then chowtime.gif

Not sure milk was a good idea with that stuff. I wonder what it is like to live near where they make it? icon8.gif
MDG
mmmmmm.

The only other thing I've seen induce that level of gag reflex merely from it's smell is vomit itself.

Enjoy, Rich!!
r_towle
QUOTE(Challe @ Nov 19 2009, 03:50 AM) *

surstromming

Dont worry. My father and mother inlaw are both real swedes.
My father inlaw will eat it with us, and my mother inlaw knows to send us outside.

Please pack it well...

Rich
SLITS
Is it shipped as Hazardous Waste?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.