Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB side stripes with Porsche logo
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
riogato
Hello,

I'm looking for a pair of white positive side stripes with the Porsche logo which were originally installed on the rocker panels on some of the earlier models. PM or e-mail me with a price including shipping to zip 95446 in Nor Cal.

Thanks
Mark Henry
Try the member vendors section
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showforum=4
JRust
I got mine from Jeff Bowlsby here! He is the LE Guru & carries them biggrin.gif
tradisrad
My '70 has them on the rocker panels. I did not know that that was a factory or dealer thing. I always thought it was aftermarket...
Tom_T
QUOTE(riogato @ Nov 18 2009, 12:36 AM) *

Hello,

I'm looking for a pair of white positive side stripes with the Porsche logo which were originally installed on the rocker panels on some of the earlier models. PM or e-mail me with a price including shipping to zip 95446 in Nor Cal.

Thanks

Is your 914 70-73 MY?

For poster & others above - you'll want to clarify for which year 914 so you get the right period stripes (unless you don't care).....

70-73 was a positive side stripe - i.e.: "PORSCHE" in the stripes color between 2 narrow stripes top & bottom

74-76 was a negative side stripe - i.e.: the "PORSCHE" is cut-out from the stripes color & shows the body color in the logo.

There are a couple of vendors at the link here listed above, who will make them new/repro for you.

Since vinyl & the adhesive will deteriorate with age, that may be your best bet - otherwise an older NOS set may peel-off pretty quickly (even in NoCal), unless you can apply fresh adhesive & have it adhere through the old stuff.

BTW - these were aftermarket options - either contracted by Porsche or registered by them (since they use "Porsche"), & were sold at the Porsche+Audi dealers up to about the late 70's for the positive version & later for negative, since that was also used on 911/912E/930 etc. I almost bought a set in black when I repainted mine in 76.

Hope this helps. smile.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(tradisrad @ Nov 18 2009, 09:15 AM) *

My '70 has them on the rocker panels. I did not know that that was a factory or dealer thing. I always thought it was aftermarket...

There were also factory fiberglass rockers with the "PORSCHE" formed as a push-out +/- 1/8" - 1//4", & usually painted an offsetting color. These were also available from Porsche+Audi dealers back in the day.

Otherwise, if yours are the vinyl applied decal - see my other response about those at dealers. smile.gif

Jeff Bowlsby's Classic 914 website (see vendors here) lists all of these options & accessories & a bunch of other great info on 914s!!! ....it's well worth a couple of hours to peruse them all!!!! biggrin.gif
Joe Bob
I have them....
email me at 356@cox.net
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Rico Suave @ Nov 18 2009, 04:09 PM) *

I have them....
email me at 356@cox.net

I have ordered vinyl from Senor Suave' and can vouch for him...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.