Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chain auto parts store
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
underthetire
So, after Krusty flamed me for getting a starter at Kragens (auto light on fire brand), the starter went out a month later. Got the second one, never just right but it was working. That one went out. Kragens ordered me a another one, just with a phone call. It was there in a hour, said it should be the new optima brand, and they are much better. Picked it up last night, and for my big surprise, it was a genuine Bosch rebuilt starter ! For 39.00 bucks! cheer.gif

At lease I can pull the starter now in 5 minutes!
Dr Evil
Did they check the starters at the store each time? That is an impressive failure rate dry.gif
underthetire
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Nov 18 2009, 10:42 AM) *

Did they check the starters at the store each time? That is an impressive failure rate dry.gif

1st one they did. Second one, no. The manger said the autolite starters always come back. The new bosch one turns a lot faster. I think autolite just turned the starter and never de-bured the armature. They will draw a WHOLE lot more amps if you dont de-bur the armature.
914Sixer
Reminds me of the problems we had with Automatic Electric desk phones in the early 90's. I pulled a case of 10 off the self and tested them. 6 of the 10 failed. 4 had quality control inspection stickers on them. The phones were made in the USA.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.