Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Windshield trim removal tool - Don't destroy your chrome
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
Well, I announced about 2 weeks back I was working on something we all could use. I was making a windshield clip removal tool, I showed it to my buddy at the bodyshop and he said he had one pretty close to what I was making. Mine was a flat piece that could hook under the trim and release the clip so you wouldn't have to bend your trim trying to get it off.

His was a little better that it had a nice handle and it was bent so you could actually use it to pry slightly.

Long story short he was able to get these in some quantity at about the same cost as I was going to make them, so I bought up 15 from him. Needless to say domesticly $13 shipped is what I can provide them for. Let me know if you need one.

Thanks
Gint
I'd love to have one Mark. Can you include it with my rear top when it ships?
Socalandy
Thanks, I'll take one!!!

PM me your payment info
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Nov 18 2009, 06:50 PM) *

Long story short he was able to get these in some quantity at about the same cost as I was going to make them, so I bought up 15 from him. Needless to say domesticly $13 shipped is what I can provide them for. Let me know if you need one.

Thanks

Hi Mark,

Thanks I am in for one - can I PayPal you now?
number6
Mark, I'll take one, too, please!

-duc
montoya 73 2.0
Mark, as usual add me to the list please!
Roy
PM'd as well...
913B
Ok, I want one, I will Paypal your usual address

Thanks
jeeperjohn56
Hey Mark, I'll take one, paypal to usual address? John
Jasfsmith
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Nov 18 2009, 07:50 PM) *

Thanks

I'm in for one. Please email me your PayPal address.
iamchappy
I would like one also, please add my to the want one list....

Chap
race914
Thanks for putting this deal together beerchug.gif

I'll take one to. Please PM your paypal address!
Zimms
+1. I'm in.
rebelmdot
I'm in. Let me know paypal address.

Thanks.

Christian
736conver
This is actual called a Double Direction Moulding Release Tool.
GaroldShaffer
+1 for me also
Rob914
I will take one.

Rob
JRust
I'll take one too!
eyecolor
Perfect timing Mark

lost your paypal info

George
KELTY360
+ 1 please. Sending PM
Mikey914
Ok, I'm close to out on these if everyone that has contacted me this far comes through. I have more comming in a little over a week so if you want one still let me know and I'll add you to the waiting list.
Thanks
burton73
PM sent.

Thank you.

Bob Burton
curt914
Hi

I'd like to get one of these tools if still available.

Im heading over to your taillight gasket thread and adding my name to that list also for one set, can be shipped together when available.

Thanks

Curt
jfort
please count me in, too. paypal ok?
Lennies914
I'd like one as well if there's any left. Please send paypal info. Thanks
iamchappy
So far i haven't had any luck removing the trim with this tool, i am afraid of cracking the windshield and chipping the edge of the glass. The technique on using this tool properly and successfully would be appreciated. I need to remove the trim from the drivers side and lower for a spot repair on my cowl, i do have and extra new top corner piece if that one is damaged removing it, but my main concern is removing the trim and not the plastic clips without cracking the windshield with this tool, it just doesn't seem to hook into or spread anything.
iamchappy
Ok, i was able to remove the trim without breaking the clips and ruining the trim with a new type of tool called a zip tie. I was able to lift the trim up enough in the center where the metal joiner trim clip is to loop a zip tie around the trim. Pulling up gently and sliding the zip tie loop until you reach a clip - then pull up and slide towards the direction you want to remove the trim. It will pop off with minimal bending and no clip breakage, the locking edge of the trim will bend open a bit but can easily be bent back with a paddle nose pliers.
Mikey914
This tool you wedge under the chrome in an area where you can pull it up with a fingernail. After you get the edge lifted up enough, you work it toward the clip at an angle so that it will hook behind the clip. You rock it back and as the clip releases the trim will lift up. You can repeat the process until all clips are disengaged. The beauty of this tool is that it will allow you to put a little pressure behind the chrome to lift it. I loved how easy it made my removal, and thought others would also.
charliew
That is a good price. When I bought mine from the mfg it was about 15-16 shipped. It's the shipping that makes to price so high.
Krank
KD tools part# KD2038
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.