Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mittelmotor front hood fuel filler.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
badm
I have had some interest in what I used for my fuel filler set-up. The parts can all be found at mittelmotor (www.mittelmotor.de) The parts are a combination of parts from there 100L tank and a filler neck for a 62L tank, the 62L tank neck is drilled for our stock tank mounting flange. Ben

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

1- Filler Neck 62L tank Part # 0,08220 Price 125.21 E

1- Support Ring Part # 0,08214 Price 7.56 E

1- Rubber Funnel Part # 0,08212 Price 34.45 E

1- Support Ring #2 Part # 0,08214 Price 7.56 E

1-110mm fuel cap Part # 0,08211 Price 131.09 E

1- Aluminum trim ring for hood Part # 0,08213 Price 25.21 E

I hope this info helps!
campbellcj
That's awesome - thanks!
Joe Ricard
Pretty cool,
Make me wish I would not have replaced my stock tank with a 5 gallon fuel cell.

Well except the little tank is lighter, lower, and much cleaner.

I was thinking of something like this to re-fuel to prevent removing the FG trunk lid.
watsonrx13
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Nov 19 2009, 01:09 AM) *

That's awesome - thanks!

agree.gif

-- Rob
azbill
Rather pricey at today exchange rate of $1.49 per Euro or $493.24. I'll pass
jmill
Nice. Thanks for the info. To do things right usually costs money.
sean_v8_914
so make one.
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(azbill @ Nov 19 2009, 08:46 AM) *

Rather pricey at today exchange rate of $1.49 per Euro or $493.24. I'll pass

I think it's a great solution, and the good thing about price is you can CHOOSE not to do it if you don't want to. you can get a $20 plastic tank flap at a FLAPS and make it work, and look nice, too... BUT, a solution as nice as this reminds me of the gas cap on a 550, and looks very correct as well as useful.

in short:
so make one.

agree.gif

if you think you can make a solution that looks this good for people that are interested, at a lower price, then by all means DO IT, you will sell them I'm sure. but I have a feeling by the time you invest in that kind of R&D to make a copy, you will be surprised at the real cost of the endeavor.
badm
For those who are looking to do this for less cash. I have found the filler neck and the 110mm cap from Markus Hummel on E-Bay Germany from time to time, more welding and fab work but save some $$$$$$$$. Ben
badm
I hope this helps. The price is in Euros so it's not cheep. Badm.
70_914
Now THIS would be a group buy that interests me...

Love the way that looks! Has a nice seal and a drain so it can actually be driven too!
Eric_Shea
I still think it would be difficult to get the cost down on a group buy.

For those who want to scrounge around though...

Old Bug filler Neck (Samba) - $30-40?
100mm cap - Westy - $30?? (caps with fins can be found in the $100 range.)
Dog Bowl and Gasket can be had from a guy on the S-Registry for around $120? They're made to the vintage Porsche spec.

Here's my first stab at it with less than $100.00 in parts. I attached the VW neck to the stock overflow apron:
IPB Image

Here's the latest Dog Bowl and Gasket that I'll be incorporating into the design:
Click to view attachment

I like Ben's filler though... I've never seen that one. Looks very well done. smilie_pokal.gif
jaxdream
Don't mean to change subject , how about some info on the hinge strut setup ( minus the springs ) ??

Jack / Jaxdream
badm
QUOTE(jaxdream @ Oct 5 2010, 05:19 AM) *

Don't mean to change subject , how about some info on the hinge strut setup ( minus the springs ) ??

Jack / Jaxdream

Craig at Camp914 sells the sets for the trunk & Hood of the 914, you just need to let him know if you have stock or fiberglass hoods. Badm.
smokey
icon_bump.gif
nsr-jamie
Its a lot of money, but a very cool part that I wish I could have....

Than I noticed somebody posted "MAKE IT"

Why not, lets try to make a kit for a better price if possible

I will try to help too . I could make these 3 parts in the picture below with the yellow arrows pointing to them.

I could arrange to make them out of a high or low tensile steel. They would be laser cut.

All I would need is some kind of drawing with the dimensions and thickness and I could make a simple 2D program and cut them out on the laser at work....but it could only be in steel...sorry no aluminum materials on hand
carr914
Personally, I don't think it is a Bad price from MittleMotor if that is something you want to do. Otherwise leave your car Stock

BTW, I have some Caps & Necks I will be selling in the Future

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.