Full Version: Can someone tell me why?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
736conver
These arent even deep dish 901's

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2465482121
Aaron Cox
911R maybe?
Bleyseng
I have a set of those on my car, hmmm maybe I should sell them. They even have the center caps!

Geoff
campbellcj
That's friggen ridiculous; it's obviously a CW who needs those particular wheels AND tires. The wheels themselves are worth perhaps $800 on a good day, unless I am completely out of touch on current prices. THe 15x7's are much more in demand than the 6's but are still nowhere near $500+ / wheel blink.gif
JoshuaSkinner
One word. Concours.
campbellcj
Scary...a few years ago, I bought an original early (69/70) deep 15x6 spare with the original -unused- OE tire for significantly less than 1/4th of this auction's high bid. In fact...my fully concours restored (Wheel Enhancement) set of four on the car plus the original concours spare were still less than this auction, I think. And for a more desirable wheel.

Don't even get me started on the $600+ early 911 / 914-6 tool kits (I paid $200 for a concours one of those.) And that's chump change compared to the 356 guys.

Thank goodness I have purged most of that CW disease from my system...there are some sick puppies out there.
anthony
I bought a much nicer set of 15x6es with better tires last summer for $500. All I can think is that it's the tires that are desireable.
Red-Beard
Nope. Once it got beyond $700, the rest of the bids were shills. The winner didn't even collect porsche parts...
ArtechnikA
well - if ya want 15x6... i have one pair of the 911.361.020.10 and one pair of 901.361.012.06 "deep dish early 'S'" wheels in very good condition with virtually new Yokohama Avid T4 205-60/15. i figure the tires are worth what it'd cost 'em to ship so the package is offered at the same price with or without tires.

i'll get these into the classifieds later tonight unless there's action in this thread - my plate's full this morning and there's supposed to be MORE SNOW later today...
MattR
Whenever I see something on ebay that is outrageously overbid, I start to think about the seller using an alias to up the price. I didnt look at the bid history, but Ive heard of sellers bidding on their own stuff with different user names. Just a thought...
seanery
the only thing about shrews is that it takes 2 people to make the price higher, someone has to be willing to bid that price.
bajiared
ohmy.gif Hey i'll sell my fuchs for 700 a wheel......NOT!!!!!LOL.....whoever paid 2100 for them lost their minds.....

my teener will be up and running soon.....can't wait to take a few curves.....ya baby.......
talk with yall soon.....
kevin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.