Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 EV
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
daveyboybadion
I'm in the planning stages of converting my '73 914 to an electric vehicle and need some help in figuring out how to lock out 1st gear. I saw a pic on the Road Glue site but I'm not sure what was done or how to do it.

Jump in any time Dr.Evil....daveyboy
McMark
This thread should cover everything.

I searched the entire site for "+first +gear +lockout".
Dr Evil
Easy. You get a section of copper tubing (I forget the i/d), remove the 13mm bolt that holds the 1/R shift fork on, remove the fork, insert the pipe on the rod, reinstall the fork and slider and you are set smile.gif Pretty easy. To do it 1 better, remove the big bolt at the end of the stack, remove the slider, and the carrier, then remove the 1st gear all together. Leave the race in, reinstall the carrier, 1/R slider, pipe section, and enjoy.

Clear as mud? I can take pics.
Dr Evil
QUOTE(McMark @ Nov 19 2009, 03:49 PM) *

This thread should cover everything.

I searched the entire site for "+first +gear +lockout".

That thread does not cover it very well. I'll shot some pics I have a stock somewhere.
McMark
I was thinking user-controllable lockout. Whoops! pinch.gif
Dr Evil
Ah, I see smile.gif
Dr Evil
Here is a pic from my rebuild thread.

I - shift fork, held on by one 13mm bolt
II - 1st gear
III - 1/R slider

By putting a pipe on the rod for the 1/R gear, you block it from moving (in this picture down) forward thus it can not engage 1st. Your stick will not move in that direction. The pipe cost under $5. The paper seal for the tail cone can be gotten from Mikey914 for $5
daveyboybadion
Thanks y'all that's got it...daveyboy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.