Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The New action plan from our conference call 11-19-09
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
rick 918-S
Mike may have Mary over tomorrow.

We should have the final answer on the fund raiser Ya or Na. What ever the decision we will go with it.

We decided we would let her know we want to send in a recon team January 30th. Our goal would be to set up the car up at Lukes, get folding tables set the parts up in sub assembles. This is approx 2 weeks ahead of the Build Off.

Once we have the parts set out we want to go through them and take inventory for only what is missing.

Then we will want to go through the parts that are there and pull out what is not usable.

Then we will want pull parts that need to be cleaned or blasted. Some of the parts we can clean on site, some will need to be sent out to the members of the build team to be repaired or cleaned and painted before the February Build Off.

This should make this a successful event and allow us the chance to finish the build on one 914 weekend.

Mike will run this by Mary Tomorrow. I think we can make this happen.

We also discussed raising money under the guise of an event fee. (track fees)

We still have a small money issue so we need to try to do some type of fund raiser. This is a tricky one as I invited Ed and told him we would cover air fare to get him there. The challenge will how we address this with the group now.

We have a little time to figure that one out. But to me it is a serious challenge now. Maybe it's not but it seens like it to me.

I will be in the first string in January. My goal would to enlist at least one more MN guy to ride with me and help. Kelly, Paul and Chappy came to mind. Kelly and chappy both know their way around this car very will.
Kansas 914
Rick,

Thanks for the recap - it lines things out well. I got an email from Mary at 2AM saying she will not be making the trip to Wichita today (Friday 20th) after all. I will still discuss the fund raiser for the build team versus the entry fee concept and hope to have that nailed down today.

Further I will also let Mary know of our revised plan - now two phases - with a potential 3rd phase mid-year (show/shine/adjustments).

I would not worry about Ed's airfare yet - the full on fund raiser is not dead just de-railed a bit!!

Thanks for your time on the phone last night.
Kansas 914
Rick/Rob,

I just hung up with Mary and she said she was going to email Rick. She is fine with the fund rasier as long as the emphasis is on the build team and not parts. She (like most of us) is uncomfortable "asking for money for parts". She can/will pay for parts.

I told her the last we wanted to do was add stress to her life and she assured me we are not and that we are big source of relief for her and she trusts us 100%.

I say we prepare a post and get it online this weekend - the forum is active right now because of the Matchbox thread!

This is going to be GREAT!
rick 918-S
Ok, I'm working on an email response to Mary now. I agree we can launch this this weekend. I think we need to write a draft post first like we did before. We may not get this online tonight but the hot wheels cars will still be hot tomorrow! lol-2.gif

Need to finish my email.
rick 918-S
I sent everyone a BCC of the email I sent to Mary. Once she returns my email I will be ready to start the thread for the fund raiser. Everyone check your email.

Or I could just post it here:

Hi Mary,

Thank you for understanding. We will address this as you wish. I want to launch the next phase this weekend. One thing I want you to know is these threads sometimes take on a life of their own. So our little group will be monitoring the thread and making corrections as members stray from the goal we will set. This is how we will work to stay within the guidelines you set for us.

With the help of the great guys and gals of the 914World the parts list is shrinking. That's a good thing.

I think Mike told you we thought the best and most productive Build Off would be accomplished by sending in a recon team. This will involve the team mobilizing the car and part and getting them in the shop where the assembly will be completed.

Here is what we will need from you: Our little group is aware you are working to secure a space for the Build Off. Where ever it is you will need to be prepared to tie up that space from January 29th through the weekend of February 19th. We will need 3-4 folding tables. We want to cover them with heavy plastic to keep them clean.

We want to send the recon team the weekend of January 29th. During this recon mission we will likely not assemble the car. Our goal will be to unpack all the parts and spread them out on the tables.

1) Our goal would be to first set the parts up in groups and sub groups, Then go through the parts and pull out what is not usable. These parts will go on a list. This list will go out to the forum first to see if anyone has a good one first. Then if we can't locate a good used part that can be shipped to Garden City before the build we will locate a new part at the best price for you and send you the information to get the part ordered and ready for the Build Off.

2) Then pull out what needs reconditioning. The parts that need reconditioning can be sent out to World Build Team Members to clean and or paint and get ready for the Build Off on the weekend of February 19th through the 21st.

Now, I used to own a shop and did this kind of thing lots so I am volunteering to the recon team. I have a couple of Minnesota guys I am working on to travel with me.

If you comfortable with this purposal let me know. I want to make an announcement this weekend.

Rick
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.