Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Show us your longs!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
johnnie5
So the annual 'what is your winter project' thread really got me motivated to do some projects on the ol' teener. One item on my punch list was to remove my rockers for a long inspection (I have actually never done it on this car), sand and repaint rockers, and replace. I had a pretty good idea I wouldn't find anything too crazy as my car is, for the most part, without rust. So I drilled out what I believe were the original rivits and opened 'em up. My longs were in even better shape than I expected! cheer.gif

biggrin.gif Take a look... (and yes, I did proudly clean them for the pics!) ...
Michael N
I sure like your white car and those longs look super.

Click to view attachment

MrKona
This was before I cleaned them up, right after I took the rocker panel cover off. I think I posted this once before in a "how much dirt was collected behind your rocker panel cover?" thread.

By the way, nice color car you got there. Light Ivory? biggrin.gif
jmill
Show offs.

MDG
Light Ivory longs rule biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Socalandy
striped down to bare steel, primed and undercoated
swood
Mine are like new. This car had 225k miles on it, for reals.
brant
and:
sean_v8_914
fdh
tracks914
You're just bragging. smile.gif

Ah - anybody can clean a good long. It takes a real man (or a fool) to fix one of these.
Before and after.
johnnie5
QUOTE(tracks914 @ Nov 22 2009, 07:54 AM) *

You're just bragging. smile.gif

Ah - anybody can clean a good long. It takes a real man (or a fool) to fix one of these.
Before and after.

new_shocked.gif WOW! What long? What satisfacition to bring it back from dead... amazing! You guys rock! aktion035.gif
Eric_Shea
During the soda blasting event...

Modified for the hard lines. All painted now.

Click to view attachment
r_towle
To represent the Northeast and all salted road folks here......All you people in CA suck!
tracks914
QUOTE(r_towle @ Nov 22 2009, 03:09 PM) *

To represent the Northeast and all salted road folks here......All you people in CA suck!

Arizona guys suck for the same reason.... headbang.gif
johnnie5
QUOTE(tracks914 @ Nov 22 2009, 03:11 PM) *

QUOTE(r_towle @ Nov 22 2009, 03:09 PM) *

Arizona guys suck for the same reason.... headbang.gif

My '75 is a California car denoted by the cat and egr lights on the bottom of the gauge cluster. I have a good idea my car has lived here in CA all of its life. The story I got from the PO is that it spent a majority of its life sitting in a warehouse with many other 'collector' cars.

Don't be haters!
Eric_Shea
Don't be haters!

I just got even... I stole one of their tubs.
jmill
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Nov 22 2009, 09:53 PM) *

Don't be haters!

I just got even... I stole one of their tubs.

agree.gif I shipped one of Budman's rejects up to salt country.

Next I say we go after their women. happy11.gif
jt914-6
My longs on my project car were perfect. Only dirt to clean off them. It had the optional two coat paint and I think that helped to keep rust away. I had another 914 with the optional paint and it too had perfect longs....

Click to view attachment
sean_v8_914
holy cow Mr Canada!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.