Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FUN Events during the Build
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
Kansas 914
This is just a catch all post to add thoughts for events that can run during the day.

The build will be Saturday - is one day enough (remember the car will already be in place and "prepped" 3 weeks before.

1. R/C car events - will need cars and cones (Joe Sharp sending at least one R/C car)

2. LCD Projector for movies (LeMans - Grand Prix) and Gran Turismo 5 racing with two Logitech driving wheels (maybe Xbox 360 with Forza so 914s can be driven)

3. Garden City Zoo Poker Run - weather permitting

What else - I will add to this first post so it is all in one place.
rick 918-S
About the build. I think it would be smart to plan on two days but with the recon set up and like 6 to 8 people we should be able to easily handle this assembly in a day. I think work should start promptly at 8:00 am. The dash is the largest project on the car if the engine is in.

And Hey we could always start putting stuff on Friday night at the meet and greet.

Remember, Duane the engine builder said he was going to install the engine. This may or may not get done. Because the cables for the heater, speedo, throttle and clutch won't be in. We don't have peddles in the car. What about the rear brake lines? So, like I said this may not get done.

In any event, I think a 6-8 person crew will easily assemble the car in a long day. That's 60-80 man hrs.

Mary said the Zoo is across the street. If we have a large turn out we could plan a treasure hunt through the Zoo or something. Like a walking poker run or something.

I have one CR Car. I am going to hunt down the WCC 09 thread to find out who the other winners were. I emailed Joe Sharp. I think he has one. He has not called me yet. We should be able to have cars for the event.

Kansas 914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Nov 24 2009, 11:22 PM) *

And Hey we could always start putting stuff on Friday night at the meet and greet.

Remember, Duane the engine builder said he was going to install the engine. This may or may not get done. Because the cables for the heater, speedo, throttle and clutch won't be in. We don't have peddles in the car. What about the rear brake lines? So, like I said this may not get done.

In any event, I think a 6-8 person crew will easily assemble the car in a long day. That's 60-80 man hrs.

Some great thoughts here - what can be done before Dwayne actually installs the motor? I am sure we can get Mary to have that done before he arrives - I will start another thread dedicated to "Before the Motor Install".

I think we absolutely could hang parts on Friday evening - I mean who could stand next to that FRESH car with tables of parts and not ITCH to put stuff on?? Not me!
ejm
The engine compartment seals are the only thing that almost must be done before the engine is in. I would be nice to do the rear brake line/flex hoses with the engine out. You want the front shift rod in the tunnel before the engine as it won't clear the bar. It can be slid all the way in with the bushing install done later. I plan to start a thread over the long weekend with some of the more critical assembly gotcha's.
rick 918-S
Add this to your first post. Joe Sharp is sending at least 1 RC car and maybe 2.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.