Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil Pressure Wire Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cire
The PO cut the wire to the Oil Pressure Sensor so my little green light doesnt work. I am trying to find out where it comes out of the wiring harness in the engine area. Anyone got a picture of where it comes from?

Thanks all.

Eric
AvalonFal
QUOTE(Cire @ Nov 24 2009, 09:07 AM) *

The PO cut the wire to the Oil Pressure Sensor so my little green light doesnt work. I am trying to find out where it comes out of the wiring harness in the engine area. Anyone got a picture of where it comes from?

Thanks all.

Eric

Green/red stripe wire coming out of the ignition wiring harness (12 pin plug at the relay board). Wire is adjacent to the AAR white wire at top right side of engine.

Paul
Cire
QUOTE(AvalonFal @ Nov 24 2009, 07:29 AM) *

QUOTE(Cire @ Nov 24 2009, 09:07 AM) *

Thanks all.

Eric

Green/red stripe wire coming out of the ignition wiring harness (12 pin plug at the relay board). Wire is adjacent to the AAR white wire at top right side of engine.

Paul

So if I am standing looking at the engine from the passenger side... where the pressure sender is at, it would be coming from where? The tunnel? From the other side where the box is that goes to the starter? I understand the green and the red stripe, just trying to figure out where to start digging for it. Knowing exactly where it goes from the sending unit would be good. I am sure the last PO would cut it at the place to hide its existance the easiest and cleanest....

Nice huh? = )

Thanks.

Eruc
McMark
The same loom/branch as the wires that go to the coil.
Spoke
The oil pressure sender is around the dizzy. The wire for it comes from the relay board on the driver's side, crosses over the top of the engine and ends up on the passenger side by the dizzy. Should be a gray sheathed wire bundle with a couple of wires popping out along its run. The oil pressure wire should be one of the last ones coming out.
Cire
QUOTE(McMark @ Nov 24 2009, 02:20 PM) *

I figured pictures really help me... Maybe they help everyone. Here is what I have.

Eric

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Anyone have a spare cover they want to send me? = )

Cire
I guess there isnt a loom to the coil. = ) It looks like someone just make shifted a positive and negative (?) to make the car work. Is one of those other pins for the pressure sensor?

Thanks everyone.

Eric
SirAndy
What you have there, my friend, is a hacked together mess, the DAPO of your car left you with, that is nothing like the stock wiring ... icon8.gif

I can't believe he actually tacked a row of Lüsterklemmen on the side of the relay board ...
barf.gif Andy
Cire
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 24 2009, 03:05 PM) *

What you have there, my friend, is a hacked together mess, the DAPO of your car left you with, that is nothing like the stock wiring ... icon8.gif

I can't believe he actually tacked a row of Lüsterklemmen on the side of the relay board ...
barf.gif Andy

Is this when we kindly refer to the PO as a PO...S? WTF.gif
underthetire
QUOTE(Cire @ Nov 24 2009, 02:02 PM) *
QUOTE(McMark @ Nov 24 2009, 02:20 PM) *
I figured pictures really help me... Maybe they help everyone. Here is what I have.

Eric

Anyone have a spare cover they want to send me? = )

A cover aint gonna fit on that anymore. You need a relay board, cover, and the large connector on the end, and the coil harness.
SirAndy
QUOTE(underthetire @ Nov 24 2009, 02:09 PM) *

A cover aint gonna fit on that anymore. You need a relay board, cover, and the large connector on the end, and the coil harness.

Actually, if you look closely, both large connectors are gone as is the FI connector ...
wacko.gif Andy
Spoke
If your oil pressure sender is not hooked up, there is a chance that there is not a wire from the relay board to the sender. You will have to run that yourself. It should be easy.

Take another pic of the dizzy and the oil pressure sender should be visible.

Find the right connector contact on your relay board "connector" and run a wire to the sender. Only one wire is needed.

Whether that trace does go across the relay board to the wire harness to the cabin, then over to the warning indicator in the dash, must be determined.
Cire
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 24 2009, 03:11 PM) *

QUOTE(underthetire @ Nov 24 2009, 02:09 PM) *

Actually, if you look closely, both large connectors are gone as is the FI connector ...
wacko.gif Andy

So is there going to be a wire back to this box, in the loom maybe, that goes to the pressure sensor? I dont want to string one wire down the length of the car if I can avoid it...

Thanks.

Eric
Cire
QUOTE(Spoke @ Nov 24 2009, 03:20 PM) *

If your oil pressure sender is not hooked up, there is a chance that there is not a wire from the relay board to the sender. You will have to run that yourself. It should be easy.

Take another pic of the dizzy and the oil pressure sender should be visible.

Find the right connector contact on your relay board "connector" and run a wire to the sender. Only one wire is needed.

Whether that trace does go across the relay board to the wire harness to the cabin, then over to the warning indicator in the dash, must be determined.

There is a sender and I know it works. Just this car doesnt have the wire. = ) So if I am understanding you correctly, there should be a point on that box, thats missing most of itself, that I can connect a wire to on one end and the other end to the sender and be good to go...

Which one? = )

Eric
SirAndy
QUOTE(Cire @ Nov 24 2009, 02:29 PM) *

Which one?

The green/red one. biggrin.gif
Btw. i would NOT even try to start that thing without putting those two large plastic connectors back on.

Those exposed pins are a major wire-meltdown waiting to happen ...
huh.gif Andy

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Cire
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 24 2009, 03:39 PM) *
QUOTE(Cire @ Nov 24 2009, 02:29 PM) *
Which one?

The green/red one. biggrin.gif
Btw. i would NOT even try to start that thing without putting those two large plastic connectors back on.

Those exposed pins are a major wire-meltdown waiting to happen ...
huh.gif Andy

I just drove the car 500 miles. Took it down for emmissions too... What 2 large plastic connectors??

LOL I will find that wire....

Eric
SirAndy
QUOTE(Cire @ Nov 24 2009, 02:42 PM) *

What 2 large plastic connectors??

Here's a pic of a relay board that has been modified to run with carburetors.

You see the large black plastic connector in the lower right corner? There's another one just like it on the other end of the relay board where the main harness attaches to the board.

The plastic connector prevents those wires from contacting each other and burning up your car ...
shades.gif Andy

IPB Image
McMark
As I see it, you can either spent time trying to learn, understand and improve the DAPO's crappy wiring setup.

OR

You can get replacement OE stuff used, here on the board, and get it all running like it's supposed to be. The items you're looking for are not high dollar parts. So you should be able to pick them up without breaking the bank. And the OE stuff will plug in and work like it's supposed to.

Pull the Ford parts out and toss them while you're at it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.