Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Misc D-Jet Questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
saigon71
If I understand correctly, the knob on the ECU adjusts mixture. Which direction do you turn the knob to make it run richer or leaner?

I have read that the you should hear 20 clicks from the TPS from closed throttle to open throttle. I hear none - is my TPS faulty?

Thanks.
Bob
SirAndy
QUOTE(saigon71 @ Nov 24 2009, 01:17 PM) *

If I understand correctly, the knob on the ECU adjusts mixture. Which direction do you turn the knob to make it run richer or leaner?

I have read that the you should hear 20 clicks from the TPS from closed throttle to open throttle. I hear none - is my TPS faulty?

The TPS only has a few contacts, can't remember how many, but much less than 20. More like 5 clicks, if you can even hear them.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/9...alibrate_20.jpg

http://members.rennlist.com/pbanders/djetparts.htm

The ECU knob is only for the IDLE mixture ...
bye1.gif Andy
SirAndy
I guess i was wrong. If you count the on/off individually, you may get 20 "clicks".

I still don't think you can hear those clicking unless you have the TPS open and next to your ear.
popcorn[1].gif Andy
Spoke
Yes you should hear clicks. The clicks are the fuel injectors opening and closing as the throttle is opened. It's the FI's way of doing an acceleration pump like carbs. Do this with the engine off obviously.

If you don't hear the clicks, something is wrong. Not necessarily the TPS but it is a good place to start. You can test the TPS with an ohm meter.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Spoke @ Nov 24 2009, 01:52 PM) *

Yes you should hear clicks. The clicks are the fuel injectors opening and closing as the throttle is opened. It's the FI's way of doing an acceleration pump like carbs. Do this with the engine off obviously.

If you don't hear the clicks, something is wrong. Not necessarily the TPS but it is a good place to start. You can test the TPS with an ohm meter.

Aha, so you hear the injectors clicking, not the TPS ... idea.gif
tod914
The 20 clicks you hear will be from the injectors. Key on, slowly depress the pedal with steady pressure and you should hear them. You should also be able to set it up the TPS visually. Most by now will have a wear mark in the intial possition.
tod914
lol Andy, you replied quicker than I could respond.
McMark
The knob only adjusts idle mixture. If your foot is on the throttle, that knob doesn't change anything. That being said, anti-clockwise is lean, clockwise is rich.

And, as mentioned, you'll only hear clicks if the key is in the on position and the engine is not running.
saigon71
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 24 2009, 04:44 PM) *

I guess i was wrong. If you count the on/off individually, you may get 20 "clicks".

I still don't think you can hear those clicking unless you have the TPS open and next to your ear.
popcorn[1].gif Andy

Thanks for the clarification. I just pulled the cover off and checked. Looks good.

Bob
saigon71
QUOTE(McMark @ Nov 24 2009, 06:04 PM) *

The knob only adjusts idle mixture. If your foot is on the throttle, that knob doesn't change anything. That being said, anti-clockwise is lean, clockwise is rich.

And, as mentioned, you'll only hear clicks if the key is in the on position and the engine is not running.

Thanks McMark - appreciate the info.

Bob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.