Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: lucky and not so lucky in the same day
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
underthetire
Found a GA core on CL for 200 bucks, figured can't go wrong. Left work an hour early, got to the other side of the bay area about 4:45, got the engine loaded. Thought to myself this is going well. Hit the road to come back, should take an hour and a half tops. Get a couple streets away, some traffic, look down at my temp gauge on my Jeep, it was at 225! it has never gone over 200 in 229K miles. Turn the heater on, keeps climbing, and i'm stuck in traffic no where to go. Gets to 250, oh F**k. Turns out my fan died, 3 hours later sitting in traffic i get home.
But the new engine has the tins/flywheel/heat exchangers with it, so i think it was worth it.
JRust
Good score on the GA Case for sure. Especially with everything biggrin.gif
Gint
Straight six? Those AMC/Jeep sixes are pretty tough. Get the fan replaced and you probably still won't have any trouble.
underthetire
Good. 4.0 I-6. Seems ok still. Probably change the oil and coolant at least. 1st problem i've had with it on the road since I got it, and it still made it home !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.