Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pilot Fog Light Installation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Vysoc
Hello and Happy Thanksgiving,

I have a 75 -2.0 that I have backdated the bumpers on and am getting ready to install my Pilot Fog lights. I would like to see how others have used the adapters that come with the lights?

Thank you, don't eat too much today.

Vysoc chowtime.gif
xperu
QUOTE(Vysoc @ Nov 26 2009, 07:23 AM) *

Hello and Happy Thanksgiving,

I have a 75 -2.0 that I have backdated the bumpers on and am getting ready to install my Pilot Fog lights. I would like to see how others have used the adapters that come with the lights?

Thank you, don't eat too much today.

Vysoc chowtime.gif

I bought my brackets from camp914.com that are made for 914's and they bolted right-up. Just a phone call and the price was very reasonable. I also removed the cigarette lighter assembly and the switch that comes with the light snapped right in the lighter hole in the dash. Mike
jim_hoyland
Got a pic of the brackets ?
VaccaRabite
This is how I did it, but it might not be the look you are going for. I was going for the rally look... All I did was remove the bottom half of the bracket and revers it. Worked like a charm.
IPB Image

IPB Image

How it looked when all done:
IPB Image

Zach
Vysoc
Thank you Zach,

10-4 on the reverse of the bracket....... yes that will work.

Thank you,

Vysoc
shelby/914
I'm in process of doing the same thing on a '76, but my real question is how do you mount the nut behind the sheet metal. 1975/76 cars have the same mounting spot (bump) on the sheet metal but since the fog lights were in the bumper there isn't an existing hole with a nut already welded inside and there is no opening in the panel. Do you have to cut the back of the panel out? Maybe Camp 914 will chime in.
underthetire
There is a template available on line you can use to make new brackets. I did mine at work in about 15 minutes, but at home it may take longer. The brackets the lights come with move the light back about an inch. I didn't like the look. The Pilots are a great improvement.
shelby/914
The answer to our question may just be here.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...c=89419&hl=

I guess the search function can be your friend.
Sleepin
QUOTE(shelby/914 @ Nov 26 2009, 01:29 PM) *

The answer to our question may just be here.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...c=89419&hl=

I guess the search function can be your friend.

Nut Plates...hmmm, I like that idea! I still havn't mounted mine yet Danny.
Vysoc
NUT PLATES!!!
Thanks Shelby/914 great information.
I should have started with the search function

Thanks again,

Vysoc
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.