Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Converting to a real 2 liter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
underthetire
My 73 came with a bus 2.0, so it has the 1.7 exhaust. Standard "header" bursch style exhaust with a cheapo turbo muffler welded on. I just picked up a 2.0 core with 2.0 heat exchangers. I'm assuming i need to find a 2.0 exhaust and bracket for it now. Would this assumption be correct ?
JRust
QUOTE(underthetire @ Nov 26 2009, 12:17 PM) *

My 73 came with a bus 2.0, so it has the 1.7 exhaust. Standard "header" bursch style exhaust with a cheapo turbo muffler welded on. I just picked up a 2.0 core with 2.0 heat exchangers. I'm assuming i need to find a 2.0 exhaust and bracket for it now. Would this assumption be correct ?

Yes you need a 2.0 hangar. Sits a little lower. I think I have one if noone closer to you does. Congrats again on the GA find
type47
Do you mean find a 2.0 muffler instead of finding a 2.0 exhaust? You say your 2.0 has 2.0 HE's. So you need the 2.0 hanger and a muffler?
r_towle
you need the muffler and the hanger...and possibly the front tubes for the heat..I think the lower one is different in diameter.

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.