Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New shoes for "The Turd"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ahdoman
Just got my 225/50R15's under the fenders. piratenanner.gif This is the look I've been wanting for The Turd. The steelies are widened 15 x 7's. The offset is a little negative so I actually had to put 8mm spacers on. Yes, the rear fenders have been pushed out about 3/4". With the spacers I have about 1/2" clearance on either side of the wheel on the rear. No problems on the front. Been driving it through the "twisties" and no rubbing! Now I need to find a set of good shiny hubcaps. These don't show it but they are well used and I only have 2 of them.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
SirAndy
Nice! thumb3d.gif

I like the look of your ass ...
biggrin.gif Andy
computers4kids
I love the look of those meats stuffed under the fenders! smile.gif
markb
Got any more side shots of those wheels? I really like that look.
ottox914
I'd like to see a little more of those rear fenders- and how you got 3/4 of an inch. Did your moving of the fenders change door/trunk gaps? The fenders look pretty good from a distance in the pics you have posted so far. Nice job! I'd love to fit some 225 Hoosiers on my 15 x 7 Keizer rims for autocross...
Dr Evil
Buenos nalgas!
orange914
well done... 2 thumbs up beerchug.gif

mike
rick 918-S
PHAT! drooley.gif More photos please! wub.gif white 914's.
ME733
popcorn[1].gif ...... Honestly you have a very very nice 914. won't you consider the possibility that "the Turd " deserves a much more respectful, and refined name?. you may be hurting it,s feelings....Cars tend to know when there not appreciated, and will get even with those who insult them... their funny that way.....So as an Idea for a new name how about ...., MY BITCHEN RIDE, .... biggrin.gif ... popcorn[1].gif
Sleepin
QUOTE(ME733 @ Nov 27 2009, 07:25 AM) *

popcorn[1].gif ...... Honestly you have a very very nice 914. won't you consider the possibility that "the Turd " deserves a much more respectful, and refined name?. you may be hurting it,s feelings....Cars tend to know when there not appreciated, and will get even with those who insult them... their funny that way.....So as an Idea for a new name how about ...., MY BITCHEN RIDE, .... biggrin.gif ... popcorn[1].gif

This would not be possible.
ahdoman
ME733 - Please understand that I mean no disrespect to the car. It was given the name "The Brown Turd" by the previous owner. This was prior to my re-do of the car and the name truly fit it. Eric is right; I cannot change the legacy and the creation of a mad scientist. It is not possible.
wobbletop
Verra nice. I too would like to see closer pics of the rear fender.

(And is that reflective tape on the back of the headrests?)
ME733
QUOTE(ahdoman @ Nov 27 2009, 11:41 AM) *

ME733 - Please understand that I mean no disrespect to the car. It was given the name "The Brown Turd" by the previous owner. This was prior to my re-do of the car and the name truly fit it. Eric is right; I cannot change the legacy and the creation of a mad scientist. It is not possible.

popcorn[1].gif well ok , if your good with the name what the heck!.....BUT I think you should enter YOUR CAR in the car of the month contest, because it,s that nice., the rear fender flairs are the most suttle,and appropiate I have ever seen. They look "natural" like all 914 should have been made with them. That natural. white is my all time favorite porsche color., red interior is perfect in a white car, ....out of curosity whats the engine and chassis mods, How did you do the fender flairs,....guess I,m trying to say TELL US MORE ABOUT your 914!!... popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif
computers4kids
You know Steve, I think I have to agree with ME733. Your car has come along way and in my opinion should be granted the 'gift' of a new name. You have done so much and it's hell of good looking car now. I realize the history that follows the car, but I'm sure with SLITS help, a name more fitting can be bestowed. You can always keep the plate to remind you of where you started. biggrin.gif

If you're really brave, let the club choose a name.
ahdoman
Mark - "Turd" is still appropriate; It leaks a little oil, the chrome is older looking, the driver side long sags a bit and there's a fly permenently splattered into the paint on the hood (that's what I get for painting it in my garage). I've tried to keep it from being a CW so I won't be affraid to beat on it a little.

ME733 - No major chassis mods except the rear fenders and welding in a few panels that were rusted (i.e hell hole and trunk repairs). It's a 2.7/6 CIS. Battery was relocated to the rear trunk and the circuit board deleted.

OttoX914 - Do a search under my screen name. I did a whole thread on how I stretched the fenders on my previous car. These were done the same way.

plymouth37
Very nice, I love to see big meats stuffed under a narrow bodied car!
Elliot Cannon
If you're looking for some "hubs" I can get you a set of "four bar" Lancers real cheap. Just let me know ahead of time so I can make some calls. (Whoa! Deja Vu 1963)
JJ914GT
Very nice!!
IronHillRestorations
Nice! So despite the old adage, you can polish a THURD! biggrin.gif

Nice car!
Dr Evil
Actually, Myth Busters proved that you could polish a turd wink.gif
yeahmag
Steve,

If you don't mind PM where you got those wheels and a rough price estimate. I'm looking for a cheap race wheel.

-Aaron
SLITS
QUOTE(computers4kids @ Nov 27 2009, 04:33 PM) *

You know Steve, I think I have to agree with ME733. Your car has come along way and in my opinion should be granted the 'gift' of a new name. You have done so much and it's hell of good looking car now. I realize the history that follows the car, but I'm sure with SLITS help, a name more fitting can be bestowed. You can always keep the plate to remind you of where you started. biggrin.gif

If you're really brave, let the club choose a name.

With the engine in it, I was going to rename it "The Flying Shitstorm" but Steve did a really great job on it and he can pick whatever name he feels is right for it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.