Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question for Weber users
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lapuwali
I'm having a hell of a time removing the air correction jets from the emulsion tubes on a set of IDFs. I soaked them in carb cleaner thinking they were varnished in place (used carbs), but no luck.

What's the trick?
TimT
Sometimes the brass jet, and the carb body just fit too well. the jets and emulsion tubes are installed dry, and live in a solvent environment.

use well fitting tools.. press down hard while turning dont, let the driver cam out of the brass..
lapuwali
I didn't make myself clear. I can get the emulsion tube, complete with the air and main jets, out of the carb body just fine. I can remove and replace the main jet, too. I can remove the "holder cap" over the air corrector. I just can't get the air corrector out of the emulsion tube to replace it. There's nothing to grip, and I don't want to poke anything down the hole. I'm afraid to use even soft-jawed pliers for fear of crushing the jet.
Brett W
Take a pair of needle nose pliers and carefully grip the air correction grip on sides opposite the identification number and very carefully apply a twisting motion until it comes loose. I ususally have to uise pliers to get airs loose. You will not crush it unless for some reason you are hercules. you might also try heating the end of the emulsion tube with a small torch a little and the try.
ChrisFoley
I always use a small pair of Channel-locks when I'm changing main and air corr. jets.
Better too tight than too loose.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.