Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Novice question about struts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RonnieJ
I've done a search but cannot find anything on how to remove old and install new strut inserts on my 914. Is there instructions on here somewhere or can somone explain how. Thanks
type47
I believe that the workshop manual instructs to remove the strut to replace the insert. I put my car up on stands after removing the wheel, disconnected the top of the strut and was able to move the top out of the wheel well to get access to the insert. There is a threaded cap that is removed to get to the insert. After replacing the insert, assembly was the reverse.
RonnieJ
QUOTE(type47 @ Nov 27 2009, 07:05 PM) *

I believe that the workshop manual instructs to remove the strut to replace the insert. I put my car up on stands after removing the wheel, disconnected the top of the strut and was able to move the top out of the wheel well to get access to the insert. There is a threaded cap that is removed to get to the insert. After replacing the insert, assembly was the reverse.

Thanks Type47 I'll give it a shot tomorrow.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.