Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Good Riddance
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
Good bye, I won't think of you, I won't dream of you, I won't miss you. In fact, I hope I never see you again! Please don't come back. There are places where your coming doesn't mean that much. I like places like that. Maybe someday I'll move back to a place like that.

GOOD RIDDANCE WINTER!

Let's all welcome our newest, bestest buddy, our new big toe....SPRING!!!! boldblue.gif
rick 918-S
tough to focus on spring when your driveway, sidewalk, house, and everyplace you go has 4' walls of snow surrounding them. wacko.gif But Hey.... Bring it on! aktion035.gif driving.gif
davep
It left us a while back, then paid a return visit. We have told it to get lost, but will have to wait to see if it listened. Yes, welcome to Spring. Don't let the robins starve.

DaveP
with just a little white stuff left over.
rhodyguy
i don't know how you folks put up with the winters or the summers.

kevin
Bruce Allert
The Robins showed up 'bout a month ago so I knew then, Spring was veeeeerry close boldblue.gif I empathize with Rich. 6 years in NortDakota was enough for me laugh.gif SNOW ... who in their right mind would invent crap like that? laugh.gif
Joe Bob
We had a B A D Winter this year.....pic of storm damage on my deck.....
mike_the_man
Mike, you suck! laugh.gif
tracks914
Oh I don't know, when you can go out onto the ice, get a bit of a tan, and pull a 42" - 18lb monster though an 8" hole, I don't mind it too much.
After all, up here winter isn't really over until June. laugh.gif
physician
i'm newbie here but just want to tell you that here in Quebec, we should have some snow his week end, we still running the beaters here......

we got 3 feet of snow in the same week in january, and there is still a 6 feet mountain in front of the house......
ar15.gif fighting19.gif
sanglee007
QUOTE(mikez @ Mar 19 2004, 06:19 AM)

Remember.

Lift with your LEGS, not with your back.

Sang
red914
i don't see the problem with winter and snow; in fact, i remember a 914 advert that showed one motoring along quite nicely in some white stuff. gotta try that next winter... burnout.gif
Carl
QUOTE (mikez @ Mar 19 2004, 06:19 AM)

Remember.

Lift with your LEGS, not with your back.

That's what I hate about this board ... no sense of humor.

laugh.gif
fiid
QUOTE(tracks914 @ Mar 19 2004, 06:51 AM)
Oh I don't know, when you can go out onto the ice, get a bit of a tan, and pull a 42" - 18lb monster though an 8" hole, I don't mind it too much.
After all, up here winter isn't really over until June. laugh.gif

Daymn. Nice fish dude. I was watching an HDNet thing on "Accross America" about ice fishing just the other day. Fascinating stuff - they showed some pretty huge ice houses too. Do those things ever end up going under?
brians914
I hope the picture shows up. This one was taken in late November with about nine inches of ice. You can see the water on on far side that comes up from the holes. In January we had about 33 inches of ice. With the ice so thin we had to use a John Deere to get there. We dont catch that many fish but the card games are great. Some times we catch a few bottle bass.
MattR
QUOTE(mikez @ Mar 19 2004, 06:19 AM)

LMAO!!!

Living in So Cal all my life, winter is when the temp drops below like 65... its pretty rough...

I think my worst winter involved like 6 consecutive days of rain... followed by really awsome slick roads and months of clear weather smile.gif.

If it werent for the money crisis, overpopulation, smog, crappy roads, stupid smog laws, and anal cops, socal would be ideal!
Dman
Hey tracks nice snake!

I hope spring is coming soon up there! Every other year some of my cali frinds and I meet up with some Minnisota boys for a fly in fishing trip above Red Lake in late May. Its a kick drunk.gif we fish alittle too.

It looks a little chilly up there still.

Do you have any spring walleye fishing tips? I need to get the edge on the Minnisota boys!
brians914
Like this one. These are the best eating fish, young meat. We fish Lake Minnewaska in Glenwoood in the winter and Lake Alexander near Brainerd in the summer. Your fishing a couple hours north of us. Opening day is seven weeks away. The lakes here won't thaw for 4-5 weeks yet. Must be July for canada!
Dman
Here's most of our crew I'm the tall goofy guy on the middle bottom. We fly into lake sumach it's a good all around lake we catch perch, walleye, pike, trout and bass.

We only keep what we can eat, chowtime.gif but this was a good evening. I think the average was about 19-20".

Cigars seem to be a pretty good form of skeetter repellant!
Joe Bob
Here, hold mah beer.... blink.gif
brians914
5 weeks till I can drive the 914. Seven weeks till I can see fish again. At least I have beer.
tracks914
QUOTE(fiid @ Mar 19 2004, 10:33 AM)
Fascinating stuff - they showed some pretty huge ice houses too.  Do those things ever end up going under?

My buddies are Italian and the day we brought the hut out to the lake I was leveling it while the one of them was hanging the cooking utensils. His brother spent the next 1/2 hour hooking up the TV. Cook, fish, sled, cook some more, drink, nap, watch a little TV, fish some more, watch a great way to unwind and destress. smile.gif
2 bunk beds, wood stove, propane stove, 12V lights, inverter, generator (for back up) all you need but a toilet.
None go throught the ice up here. They all have to be off the lakes by April 1st. That still gives us 4 to 6 weeks before the ice is gone! blink.gif
As for the fish, that was the second "gator" over 41" I pulled out in 3 days. (That one I pulled out, the first I just manned the gaff) I might just go back again tomorrow.
redshift
Was 55 when I got up this AM, and 83 by 2 PM... YUCK! HERE COMES HELL!

sad.gif

M
rhodyguy
mike, i'll swap you repairs of the storm damage for the engine. like i said, how you folks live in those climates is beyond me. give me a little rain ANY day.

kevin
Joe Bob
QUOTE(redshift @ Mar 19 2004, 07:47 PM)
Was 55 when I got up this AM, and 83 by 2 PM... YUCK! HERE COMES HELL!

sad.gif

M

Yeah, but it's a sticky,
wet, disgusting heat..... w00t.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.