Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cookie cutters
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
okkie
Why don't we see more 914's with cookie cutters installed? Show us some photos please!
Okkie
ConeDodger
They are an extremely light wheel. You just reminded me, I have a set of Al Reed polished Cookies in the basement right now! Never mounted.
okkie
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Nov 29 2009, 10:25 AM) *

They are an extremely light wheel. You just reminded me, I have a set of Al Reed polished Cookies in the basement right now! Never mounted.

There you go! I have a set on my restored 1982 924 with antracite painted centres with polished lips - looks great!
Okkie
tat2dphreak
the set 6freak has mouted look great, imo.
VaccaRabite
Leo has a blacked out set installed on his car and they look fantastic. Its a neat wheel for the 914. I think that cookies and phone dials look better on a 914 then fuchs.
championgt1
sixfreaks car

Click to view attachment
tat2dphreak
to me the solid black cookies kinda disappear, and look plain, but the treatment on 6freak's really pops and makes a great looking wheel. solid black they are one of my least favorite wheels in terms of looks... 6freak's design tho... COMPLETELY different story smile.gif

I love phone dials on 914s too, but the spacer problems turned me off.
Sleepin
IPB Image

One of my favorites.
'73-914kid
Click to view attachmentJust put my cookies on on Friday. Love the look personally.

okkie
QUOTE('73-914kid @ Nov 29 2009, 09:39 PM) *

Click to view attachmentJust put my cookies on on Friday. Love the look personally.

That is THE wheel, sorry Fuchs lovers!
Sleepin
agree.gif

That is nice!
SirAndy
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Nov 28 2009, 11:25 PM) *

They are an extremely light wheel.

agree.gif

I have two sets, one for the street and one for the track ...
driving.gif
okkie
YEA GROOOOVY BABY!

Okkie
carr914
I liked 6Freak's so much I copied them ( I've since sold them)

Click to view attachment
carr914
Cookies & Milk (I mean Fuchs)

Click to view attachment
carr914
Before

Click to view attachment

After 6Freak style

Click to view attachment
Madswede
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Nov 29 2009, 11:28 AM) *

IPB Image

One of my favorites.

Aw shucks, yer just sayin' that. smile.gif beerchug.gif

I miss driving her. Then again, good things come to those who wait ...

- Nelson
6freak
QUOTE(okkie @ Nov 28 2009, 11:14 PM) *

Why don't we see more 914's with cookie cutters installed? Show us some photos please!
Okkie

cause they dont come in 4 lug..
Sleepin
Sure they do wink.gif

IPB Image
Sleepin
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Sleepin
Another pretty car with cookies:
tat2dphreak
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Nov 30 2009, 02:36 PM) *

Sure they do wink.gif

WTF.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Nov 30 2009, 01:09 PM) *

QUOTE(Sleepin @ Nov 30 2009, 02:36 PM) *

Sure they do wink.gif

WTF.gif

agree.gif

Unless my Alzheimer is kicking in, i still count 5 lugs ...
confused24.gif Andy
tat2dphreak
you are worrying me Andy... there's 4, but those don't look like cookies
6freak
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Nov 30 2009, 12:36 PM) *

Sure they do wink.gif

IPB Image

kind of a cool wheel but I myself would not call those Cookie cutters
SirAndy
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Nov 30 2009, 01:31 PM) *

I only see pictures of the white car in his second post. If there's a pic in his first post, my guess would be it's hosted on a site like photobucket etc. and the company firewall blocks it for me ...

The wheels on the white car look like normal 5-lug cookies to me ...
idea.gif Andy
kenshapiro2002
WTF.gif ...are "Cookie Cutters"? I can see, but are we referring to a style, a make...?
BTW...I might be alone in this but think they look unbalanced, and the all black ones just look...bad.
6freak
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 30 2009, 01:50 PM) *

QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Nov 30 2009, 01:31 PM) *

I only see pictures of the white car in his second post. If there's a pic in his first post, my guess would be it's hosted on a site like photobucket etc. and the company firewall blocks it for me ...

The wheels on the white car look like normal 5-lug cookies to me ...
idea.gif Andy

there 5 lug Andy! your not blind from Masterbation just yet lol-2.gif HOLYSHIT THAT WAS FUNNY lol-2.gif
6freak
QUOTE(kenshapiro2002 @ Nov 30 2009, 01:56 PM) *

WTF.gif ...are "Cookie Cutters"? I can see, but are we referring to a style, a make...?
BTW...I might be alone in this but think they look unbalanced, and the all black ones just look...bad.

I would say style and brand both....because i believe that is the only brand that make that style..lol..hope that helps
kenshapiro2002
Never would have imagined there was actually a brand named "Cookie Cutter".

QUOTE(6freak @ Nov 30 2009, 05:17 PM) *

I would say style and brand both....because i believe that is the only brand that make that style..lol..hope that helps

6freak
QUOTE(kenshapiro2002 @ Nov 30 2009, 02:19 PM) *

QUOTE(6freak @ Nov 30 2009, 05:17 PM) *

theres not! its a style of wheel...from "Brand"ATE I think ..one of them smart guys will say ..soon
'73-914kid
Were cookie cutters made by ATS? I think that's what it is..ATE, ATS close enough
SirAndy
QUOTE(kenshapiro2002 @ Nov 30 2009, 02:19 PM) *

s'not
MikeSpraggi
My /6 came with 14" Fuchs which I still have, but I put cookies on it for drivers ed and like them so much, I'm having a hard time convincing myself to put the Fuchs back on since now it is only a street car. The teener looks soooo natural with cookies.

Click to view attachment

mskala
6-inch
SLITS
I'd post a pic of The Grey Ghost with 7" cookies, but it's so fast it just blurs.
kenshapiro2002
And so great in Bavarian Racing Green!

QUOTE(MikeSpraggi @ Nov 30 2009, 06:27 PM) *

My /6 came with 14" Fuchs which I still have, but I put cookies on it for drivers ed and like them so much, I'm having a hard time convincing myself to put the Fuchs back on since now it is only a street car. The teener looks soooo natural with cookies.

Click to view attachment

Solo914
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Nov 30 2009, 12:44 PM) *

I was going show some picks of my car... you beat me to it smile.gif
al weidman

I thought I would bring some information to light on Porsche wheels. The "Cookie Cutter" wheels replaced the steel wheels for the '73 model year 911T. They were 6" front and rear until the SC's in 1978 when they came with 6 and 7's. The term "Cookie Cutter" was coined by Porsche enthusiast's to describe the wheel from ATS, as ATS manufactured a number of different wheels for the auto industry. The 944 "Cookie Cutter" came with the black center and machined outer. The Porsche distributor in, Culver City, Ca. sent me an ATS "Cookie Cutter" and asked if I could make it look more like the Fuchs wheel. I tried several different looks but none were acceptable for a production process, so they went with the black center and machined outer then powder coated the wheel. BTW the Fuchs were either called "S" pack wheels or "Daisy" wheels in the "day". Also some of the prettiest wheels out there are the full polished "Cookie Cutters". Al Weidman
brant
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Nov 30 2009, 01:44 PM) *

Hey nice color!
here is mine with polished cookies

Sleepin
QUOTE(brant @ Nov 30 2009, 10:09 PM) *

Hey nice color!

And you are? idea.gif

welcome.png
6freak
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Nov 30 2009, 09:12 PM) *

QUOTE(brant @ Nov 30 2009, 10:09 PM) *

Hey nice color!

And you are? idea.gif

welcome.png

LOOK AT THE AVATAR.. slap.gif ....HE BEEN AROUND FOR AWHILE ... biggrin.gif
Sleepin
I seem to remember him posting a loooong time ago! lol-2.gif
brant
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Nov 30 2009, 10:24 PM) *

I seem to remember him posting a loooong time ago! lol-2.gif

hey hoser....
amtrak doesn't want to ship anything that even rythms with the word motor.
but it was a dang good idea...
theoretically if it was something beside a motor and weighed in at 50lbs or less it would of been only 23beans

I'm going to get a greyhound quote this weekend..
are you still for hire to make a grey hound run?

my car is dirty and doesn't look that nice anylonger.
where is ferg when you need a wash

how is white car running?
Sleepin
The white car? lol...you must have talked to Ferg....turned the key with no response the other night...I hit it with a hammer...still no response. I will hit it with a bigger hammer tomorrow.

I am not sure you can afford me, but I will definetly pick up your motor and deliver it for you! biggrin.gif
brant
oh crud...
ferg never mentioned it

what do you suspect?
carreraguy
QUOTE(al weidman @ Nov 30 2009, 08:01 PM) *

I thought I would bring some information to light on Porsche wheels. The "Cookie Cutter" wheels replaced the steel wheels for the '73 model year 911T. They were 6" front and rear until the SC's in 1978 when they came with 6 and 7's. The term "Cookie Cutter" was coined by Porsche enthusiast's to describe the wheel from ATS, as ATS manufactured a number of different wheels for the auto industry. The 944 "Cookie Cutter" came with the black center and machined outer. The Porsche distributor in, Culver City, Ca. sent me an ATS "Cookie Cutter" and asked if I could make it look more like the Fuchs wheel. I tried several different looks but none were acceptable for a production process, so they went with the black center and machined outer then powder coated the wheel. BTW the Fuchs were either called "S" pack wheels or "Daisy" wheels in the "day". Also some of the prettiest wheels out there are the full polished "Cookie Cutters". Al Weidman

Hi Al!
I didn't know you were on this forum! You've done more than a few Fuchs refinishing jobs for me; two different sets of 911 Fuchs and a set of 914 2 liter Fuchs - great jobs all!!

Hey dudes! In case you don't know - Al's the expert on Porsche wheels - bar none!

Al is one great resource we want to take advantage of regarding all things Fuchs!

Later,

Mr.242

So, I am looking for two more Cookie Cutters.

On the other board, I learned that there are different ones; 911 and 944's. Are there certain ones that only work on 914's?

IF So, what is the part #'s? The two I have start with 911 #'s and were cast in '73.

Thanks!!!

Also, any other pictures of these on here? Looking to see how I will do mine.

-Mark
carr914
My newest set of 7"s

Click to view attachment
campbellcj
I thought for sure I had posted this pic but I guess that was a different thread re. cookies? Old photo but I still have these 15x7's in the garage.

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.