Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stiffening kits
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
okkie
Hi guys, is there anyone on the board that would be prepared to share possible templates for the various stiffening, long repair or clamshells? Living in South Africa limits the possiblities to accuire such items from the USA due to the SA Rand/US$ rate of 8 to 1. I hope to have my car very soon and would like to fabricate these in preparation, as the seller advised that there is a lot of rust on the car. We cannot be too particular here, as the 914's are extremely scarce here.
Hoping for some favourable responses

Okkie
Mark Henry
If you look at most inner kits it's just long bent sections that lies on top of the exsting metal. If you have access to a brake it's not that hard to make. Look at threads where guys are installing the kit.
My buddy Mike (shop called Mikes 914) was makeing his own clam shells years before they were offered here as kits.

Restoration Design (metal repair panels) is here in Canada, if you needed someone to do a central point shipping I'd do it for you N/C.
That said because of shipping and taxes this offer is no good for your parts from the USA.
sean_v8_914
I use poster board (thick paper) to make my templates
Katmanken
When you get the car, use cardboard to make the templates. That way you can cut them to fit your car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.