Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's with the cheap guys here?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
What's UP....Jake and the other big guy builders get the big bucks for a T-4 and I have a turn key 2056 that is COMPLETELY rebuilt WITH a 6month 6,000 mile warranty and with NO CORE charge for ONLY 4500 bucks.....and you guys don't even offer an insult.?????

I am sorely disapointed...... bootyshake.gif
Joe Bob
What 20+ hits and no comments?

At least a BITE ME or sumthin..... blink.gif

Brand NEW 44 Webers, 050 dizzy, powder coated tin, new oil cooler, tuna can, oil cooler sandwhich with AN fittings, 96mm Keth Black pistons, balanced, ported, includes flywheel clutch and pressure plate.....all it needs is YOUR exhaust. pray.gif aktion035.gif
d914
I'd have to buy another 914 to use it , so bite me....

That make you feel better
seanery
eat my shorts, broken injun buyer and fixer.
tracks914
OK I'll bite....shipping would be too much to Northern Canada. Besides, I'm still building my own (18 months so far) and haven't even driven the car yet.
GWN7
As 1 of the 20............

After having to insure the stepsons car and fix it too. I then had to buy a new fridge. Saving what's left of my $$ for what breaks next around here. Bad timing.

Oh ya.....Bite me... laugh.gif
tat2dphreak
2 months too late and 2K too much... wink.gif I bought Tom's engine...

the price is probably about right from what I've seen, but your timing stinks... beer.gif
Joe Bob
aktion035.gif OK....I feel better now..... :finger2:

As to shipping to Canada.....I can get it to the border via www.forwardair.com or Amtrak or Greyhound and then you can come across the border.....shipping should be no more than 150 bucks....as long as it's portal to portal.

BTW....the warranty....nobody else offers one.....
Doug Leggins
Too soon. The warranty would run out before I could get it on the road.
Jeffs9146
I'll give you $50 bucks for it!

Hows that for a bite! cool_shades.gif

Jeff

JK
Joe Bob
Take a big bite..... laugh.gif
DrifterJay
my 2056 with weber 86a cam straight cuts, counterweighted crank and mo cost me 2019...but I also got a ripping deal...If I made more than 1000ish a month I would take it in a heartbeat....lol smile.gif
Jeffs9146
Take a big bite.....

LOL
Eric Taylor
I'll give you $2500 for it. smile.gif
Eric
Joe Bob
Already got a low ball offer of 3500 from the skyrat board.....
jonwatts
Ah I love the smell of greed in the morning.
Joe Bob
Thanks John.....just trying to give a good deal to the board and "help" pay for the 2.0/6 that is being delivered this morning......it's used and it's costing me close to 6K.....

I could evilbay it....but I thought the board would like first shot.
914werke
OK Mike, Ill be visiting SB on Mon. night the 29th perhaps we can hook up so I can check out this bad boy cool_shades.gif
jonwatts
Sorry, I'm being unrealistic. T4 engines (like all Porsche engines) are expensive. When I hear how expensive I stick my fingers in my ears and go LALALALALALALALA.

But you are greedy, just like I'm jealous smile.gif
anthony
I'd take the $3500.

Who is offering the warranty on this engine?
Zeke
Mike, you negleted in your ad to list the fact that the motor has a lightened and dowled flywheel and the case has been tapped for oil galley plugs. Pretty much tricked up for a streeter.
Joe Bob
Yup...that too....thanks Zeke.

The machine shop that does ALL the funny furrin' air cooled car machine work for the City is the warranty guy.

The dealer won't touch ANYTHING older than 95...and rumor has it soon with the new owner....no air cooled cars at all....

There are three maybe four GOOD independent p-car shops in town. THEY ALL use this guy.
jonwatts
QUOTE(mikez @ Mar 19 2004, 09:04 AM)
The dealer won't touch ANYTHING older than 95...and rumor has it soon with the new owner....no air cooled cars at all....

That's ridiculous on their part. Basically saying "We only want to sell them, not service them" which doesn't say much for what you're selling. Plus by limiting yourself to newer vehicles you are doing mostly warranty work. I'd rather get paid by the customer than have to fight it out with PCNA on a daily basis.
SLITS
Hmmmmm, wonder what that makes my 2.5L turnkey burnout.gif stroker worth?
Zeke
Whatever you can get for it. What they're worth and what you'll get are, of course, 2 different animals. Mike's (my old motor) is top flight. I just have some kind of problems with tuning setups. Actaully, I know what I'm doing mostly, but I had an incredably bad run of luck. And when luck runs out, I move on. I've even changed careers inside of a weekend. No grass grows under my stone(s) unsure.gif
Joe Bob
QUOTE(jonwatts @ Mar 19 2004, 09:14 AM)
QUOTE(mikez @ Mar 19 2004, 09:04 AM)

That's ridiculous on their part. Basically saying "We only want to sell them, not service them" which doesn't say much for what you're selling. Plus by limiting yourself to newer vehicles you are doing mostly warranty work. I'd rather get paid by the customer than have to fight it out with PCNA on a daily basis.

It's NOT service it's the money. Their techs plug in computers and read codes....if the engine has a catastrophic problem they order a new engine.

The dealer was sold...along a few other lines back in 94 in a bankruptcy. The dickhead that owned it was involved with the Savings and Loan thingy.....the buyer paid like 4 and half million.

He recently sold the whole shebang MINUS the land for 14 MILLION.....he gets to keep the LAND......

WE need another GOOD independent service shop here. There are a 2 week wait to get into the ones we have.....most of what they are doing is service work....
jonwatts
QUOTE(mikez @ Mar 19 2004, 09:53 AM)
It's NOT service it's the money.

Are we disagreeing? blink.gif
Joe Bob
Nope...just carrying on a running commentary/rant headbang.gif .....
Gint
Far be it from me to disapoint ya... Bite Me.

2 cylinders too short for me.
krk
I'm with Gint. Bite him. laugh.gif

kim.
cgnj
Mike,

That deal rocks. Have you tried to get more exposure? Not this kind.

The Samba and STF classifieds? Zeke are they tirekickers there too?

Carlos
John
I'm just trying to keep it straight i my head...

This thread is a JOKE right? Certainly you must be jesting when you appear to be asking $4,500.00 for a 4-cyl with carbs and an 050 distributor?

I'll give it a home if you send me $20.00 and pay the freight.
vortrex
little do we know, I think mikez is actually auditioning for the AA sales team with this ad.
Andyrew
I have better places to spend 4500 bucks on an engine that I dont have.

But hey..

good luck selling it..

Andrew
redshift
QUOTE(mikez @ Mar 19 2004, 10:47 AM)
Take a big bite..... laugh.gif

Is that Jack Nicholson?

M
cgnj
Hi,

I will start by saying I wouldn't buy this motor. I have 2.0 cores and the experience to build them.

Rebuild a 2 liter motor lately? Pay to have it done? Buy a known good core 2.0 motor lately. Even seen one? Buy a rebuild motor from 0 miles from someone you trust? Price it without a core?

I think one problem is that many of us have been at this for a long time. Over the course of years, we make really good scores on cars or parts. You always remember them and somehow that sets the market for you forever. Four years ago, I bought 3 parts cars, two of them 2.0's, all runners for less than a grand. I don't see those anymore. I'm not shilling my stuff, but the 2.0 stuff I'm selling is my excess. I'm hanging on to enough to support my cars for the forseeable future. Why? There isn't as much out there.

Carlos
Joe Bob
QUOTE(cgnj @ Mar 20 2004, 05:31 AM)
Hi,

I will start by saying I wouldn't buy this motor. I have 2.0 cores and the experience to build them.

Rebuild a 2 liter motor lately? Pay to have it done? Buy a known good core 2.0 motor lately. Even seen one? Buy a rebuild motor from 0 miles from someone you trust? Price it without a core?

I think one problem is that many of us have been at this for a long time. Over the course of years, we make really good scores on cars or parts. You always remember them and somehow that sets the market for you forever. Four years ago, I bought 3 parts cars, two of them 2.0's, all runners for less than a grand. I don't see those anymore. I'm not shilling my stuff, but the 2.0 stuff I'm selling is my excess. I'm hanging on to enough to support my cars for the forseeable future. Why? There isn't as much out there.

Carlos

OK....so YOU wouldn't buy this motor and YOU have the experience to build one. So do I. "I" like Gint and a few others on this board are going to sixes or are staying with sixes....

But the difference is...not everyone on this board does. A lot of the listers have 1.7 and 1.8 motors. Nothing REALLY wrong with the motors, beyond that they are mostly tired and in a lot cases in need of a rebuild......hell, a lot of the 2.0s can also say the same,,,,,,,,,,

Unless you are a concour weenie, I doubt there are many out there that would not like more power.

Let's do the math......you DON"t have a 2.0 for a core....

say 800 to buy a tired 2.0.....of course we all know they go for more than that.....try 1500 in a lot cases....

cams....the FI cams aren't very agressive....300ish for a Crane or Web cam....oh geez, what about lifters....add another 150ish

OK...dizzy....050, 100 bucks when you can find them....

Carbs, let's go 44s.....900 includes manifolds and linkage

OK....wanna go larger displacement? Or even JUST replace the tied P&Cs??
NPR...what 600? JE or Keith Black 900? Wanna REALLY bend over? Try some Nickies????

Then let's talk bearings, valve guides, VALVES, machine work....oh shit....needs a clutch, pressure plate and flywheel work and lightening?????

Ah crap it needs pushrods tubes, an oil cooler sandwhich, a tuna can....etc, blah, blah.... barf.gif

Let's see, I wanna pretty engine bay...OK powder coat the tin...

$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Add it all up, give a warranty and THEN tell me that $4500 is out of line.....

It's a deal....no one wants to admit it....
cgnj
Mike,
That deal rocks. Have you tried to get more exposure? Not this kind.

I'm on your side with this.

Carlos
seanery
Mike,
I think it's a fair price, but it needs the right buyer. I was going to sell my 2.0 for $4k if I bought that 3.2 from Boxstr. Nice 4s are a hoot to drive.
Mark Henry
Chill out doOd...smoke.gif

We're 914 owners...so you should already know that we're cheap bastards.
Joe Bob
I'm chillin'....ah just got my new engine fillin'.....

2.0/6 "S" motor on the left....and the 2.2 "T" motor with "S" cams and Carrera up grades.....

The 2.0 goes in Manfred and the 2.2 goes into Franky.....the other boxes are the bulkead mount sheet metal and other parts.....

Someone should make me an offer....on the T4, my wallet is burning u p and needs a refill.... wacko.gif
cgnj
914world.com Members motto

Working hard to depress the value of the cars we own

Carlos
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.