Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New tire question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r_towle
So,

I like to drive my car, year round.
What are the tallest tires I can get on it?

Last year I had 195/60/15
Those are on my sones 924....cause he is cheap.

What are the tallest tires you have put on a 914? I will get thin ones due to my plans for some ice racing this year. No studs....to loud.

Rich
jt914-6
When I lived in Utah years ago I seem to remember using 165/60/15 snow tires on mine and never had any problems. Could have but never put studs on them. They took me up and down the mountains going skiing.
r_towle
QUOTE(jt914-6 @ Nov 29 2009, 04:57 PM) *

When I lived in Utah years ago I seem to remember using 165/60/15 snow tires on mine and never had any problems. Could have but never put studs on them. They took me up and down the mountains going skiing.

Do I now need to special order these sizes?
Arrrrgggg (been on the standard sites...)

Rich
Cevan
QUOTE(r_towle @ Nov 29 2009, 04:51 PM) *

I will get thin ones due to my plans for some ice racing this year.

You need to post some video of this.
jd74914
Mine are tall; I forget exactly how tall though. I'll take a look and post the size up.

Edit:

Ok, they are 195/65-15 Bridgestone Blizzaks. They get me through even the worst storms, though its a really nice change going back to shorter summer tires in the spring. They are on bug offset rims and fit well, but my car is pie-cut flared so I'm not a good example.

I got 1/2 the set for free (and they were basically new), or else I would have bought in a narrower size. I think 155/70-15 would be the perfect size. laugh.gif
JRust
I've had 185/70/15's on before. At least I know they were 70's not positive if they were 185 or less. They were tall & skinny???
Porsche Rescue
195/65 is your best option unless you can find 165/80's in a snow tire. 195 is same height as stock 165 but wider which is not as good in snow. They will be better than the 195/60 and will fit with stock narrow body.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.