Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: battery in!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
oldschool
So I started to repo. my Battery,(this is tempt) do you think that I can Ground at the point where the top goes? I will remove any paint.
ahdoman
Another thought... where do the two mounting bolts go or is the tray bolted to the trunk? If so, use one of those. Since my tray is welded to the trunk floor I grounded my battery to the retaining bracket.

Click to view attachment
oldschool
QUOTE(ahdoman @ Nov 29 2009, 05:28 PM) *
Another thought... where do the two mounting bolts go or is the tray bolted to the trunk? If so, use one of those. Since my tray is welded to the trunk floor I grounded my battery to the retaining bracket.

yeah you have the cool battery. what about the pos/ how did you loop it?
r_towle
oldschool.

Take a look at where you are running that positive cable.
Its about 15 inches away of you drill a hole in the trunk floor.

Rich
bfrymire
Forgive me for the stupid question. I want to do the same thing with my battery, except I am using a dry cell battery. What about all the other wires that normally connect to the positive post?

-- brett
ahdoman
I ran one good cable to a power termination block on the other side of the firewall. All of the hot wires terminate to that.
oldschool
QUOTE(r_towle @ Nov 29 2009, 05:41 PM) *

oldschool.

Take a look at where you are running that positive cable.
Its about 15 inches away of you drill a hole in the trunk floor.

Rich

thank rich, but I don't want to put holes everywhere, I plan on fixing the battery tray?

bfrymire
QUOTE(ahdoman @ Nov 29 2009, 07:55 PM) *

I ran one good cable to a power termination block on the other side of the firewall. All of the hot wires terminate to that.

Ahh, thanks. that makes sense. Sorry about the brief hijack of this thread!

-- brett
sean_v8_914
will the targa top latch fit in the cup with the pos wire there?
underthetire
Hey, your close! Yes you can ground there. I would not put the targa catch back on top of it though. The connection can get hot if something goes wrong and melt it.
oldschool
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Nov 30 2009, 06:36 AM) *

will the targa top latch fit in the cup with the pos wire there?

believe it or not Sean I drive with the top almost always driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.