Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wanted: Basket weave material
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
RonnieJ
Does anyone know where I can purchase tan basket weave maverial so I can recover my door panels. Thanks
ben*james
QUOTE(RonnieJ @ Nov 29 2009, 05:11 PM) *

Does anyone know where I can purchase tan basket weave maverial so I can recover my door panels. Thanks

These good people might have what you are looking for!!
http://www.914ap.com/products.php
Cheers, beerchug.gif
detoxcowboy

pelican parts or appearance and performance..
Tom_T

AutoAtlanta & Sierra Madre Collection also sell them (along with Pelican & A&P noted above - & I think James with the A&P link above owns them & is a member vendor here too). Either/all AA, SMC & Pelican may be using the ones from Appearance & Performance (not sure of their sources??).

Also, as one with a 73 2L in the OE Porsche #31 Biege (VW #501/#502) interior myself, when I asked George at AA about the color & material match, he said it usually is very hard to match & you end up having to redo the entire interior to look right. While my basketweave is all good, the outer seat bolsters & door panel door top bolsters in smooth have some wear damage. Ergo, I'll be looking for OE 73/74 material from a discarded backpad, etc. to have sections cut from & sewn in to the originals on my 914, instead of mismatching new material. If you decide to reupholster everything, contact me regarding the discarded interior parts.

However, you might want to consider running down the matching OE door panels from another 914 with beige instead.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.