Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bad experience /ebay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sixaddict
This happened a week ago and I have let it go to let things cool. I don't cool easily when I have been screwed so here is my tale.
Ebay listing by lionelatlanta....914-6 heat exchangers. Won at $650.
I had purchased windshield trim earlier and told seller to hold (although I had paid) as I may buy something else. Missed first item but got heat exchangers so decided I would pick up. That by the way is a 3 hour drive.
Got there only to be told by the "help" that they were not there. A mistake must have been made and they had previously been sold. I know this is a fairy tale and it insults my intelligence. .......so I am done. Leaving out the venom.
There were feeble excuses but that IS what they were . OH of course my money was refunded but that ignores about 6 hours of my life and gas for the trip. How about ...whoops! Cute aye. Just callin' the cards on this one.
Thanks
rymann
Hey does this person advertise here on this site and 914 club? That tag name doesnt sound familliar.......Well that sucks for sure....I have done that, driven 1.5 hrs to find out that the part (s) arent what u expected.....
and the person who is on the other end just says..... OH SORRY....it kinda makes u wanna......you know,,well anyway thats a bummer...if they advertise here we can just boycott them...Im with u all the way

rob
jd74914
lionelatlanta would most likely be connected the AutoAtlanta.

That does suck though; but IMHO its just one more nail in the AA coffin.
JRust
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Nov 29 2009, 08:26 PM) *

lionelatlanta would most likely be connected the AutoAtlanta.

That does suck though; but IMHO its just one more nail in the AA coffin.

I stand corrected! Flame on aktion035.gif
steveherman
i ordered trunk rollers from lionel_atlanta.
got them just fine.
ALSO got an AA catalog on CD-rom.
and this is lionel_atlanta's ebay about me page.
Seems like it is George from AA.
maybe he will respond.
Ferg
No surprise here, same shit different day... sad.gif
johnnie5
Gee.... What a surprise. barf.gif
championgt1
Wonder how many pages this one goes?
Daiberl
Lionel_atlanta is AA, just check the product description on ebay from them and you will see it. I ordered a few times from AA and so far everything went fine, no bad experience, shipment was ok, and I will order from them this weeks again (have to finish my doors and need parts).
Sleepin
Good thing you didn't buy a car! ohmy.gif
bandjoey
I know AA must sell a lot of stuff to happy customers. cause they stay in business. Unhappy one tell everyone and happy ones tell few. I'm an unhappy one, that lost a bundle of cash there a couple of years ago, and didn't go back.

They really do have a lot of stuff I want to order, but I always get it somewhere else. If only AA would work on the sales delivery system, so parts ordered get delivered (sorry, must be a mistake it was sold before you got here), George could double his business in a year. sad.gif
914Sixer
Lionel is only a seller name. Mia is the persons name. Yes, she is at AA.
sixaddict
I left out the AA reference assumed others would pipe in. This is not my first questionable experience there but to me their method of operation makes me wonder why more people don't pitch a fit on these sites. Figured its the 500 lb elephant theory as the psychologists call it. Finally figured out that what is in the catalog often does not exist (at all).......You can even pay and things on hand will ship but other stuff back orders but your card is charged. And Mark with all due respect, anyone who knows this operation will not blame bad behavior on Mia. He just s____ where he eats with me. I only have two projects going and one more eventually. I would eat the same before I spend another dime there. And .....no guys, I am not bitter but I am done!
Ciao

QUOTE(914Sixer @ Nov 30 2009, 05:29 AM) *

Lionel is only a seller name. Mia is the persons name. Yes, she is at AA.

dr914@autoatlanta.com
Very nice. Terry I told you what happened. Our turbo lister program did not delete the exchangers when we sold them so they were relisted. We have so much stuff back there including other 914-6 heat exchangers that we thought that we had the additional pair. You were coming down here anyway to get the windshield chrome you purchased and everyone was out for thanksgiving
Sorry we did not have the exchangers. I even refunded you remotely from Antigua. I would think that at your age you would now like I and less of a hothead

Please everyone we sell under Lionel Atlanta (lionelatlata) because I first got into e bay by selling my lionel trains. There are some great giveaway deals for everyone. I also have not another guy, Mike Healey selling for us as well. He has just started so only has about 100 auctions or so up but the prices are so good I have to ignore them or I would never let him list for so low!!!!! Look at his selling site: (matl5)

QUOTE(sixaddict @ Nov 29 2009, 08:06 PM) *

This happened a week ago and I have let it go to let things cool. I don't cool easily when I have been screwed so here is my tale.
I had purchased windshield trim earlier and told seller to hold (although I had paid) as I may buy something else. Missed first item but got heat exchangers so decided I would pick up. That by the way is a 3 hour drive.
Got there only to be told by the "help" that they were not there. A mistake must have been made and they had previously been sold. I know this is a fairy tale and it insults my intelligence. .......so I am done. Leaving out the venom.
There were feeble excuses but that IS what they were . OH of course my money was refunded but that ignores about 6 hours of my life and gas for the trip. How about ...whoops! Cute aye. Just callin' the cards on this one.
Thanks

sixaddict
Not hot just done. ... but you are not being straight up nor were you !
Facts:
1. my trip was only because I had multiple items to pick up
2. Last heat exchangers listed did not meet reserve
3. you have my phone number as I was a repeat customer
4. you did refund promptly so how does that make you a stand up guy
All the junk doesn't make up for your total disregard for my time and cost of trip.
You just don't get it .
TOT

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Nov 30 2009, 06:50 AM) *

Very nice. Terry I told you what happened. Our turbo lister program did not delete the exchangers when we sold them so they were relisted. We have so much stuff back there including other 914-6 heat exchangers that we thought that we had the additional pair. You were coming down here anyway to get the windshield chrome you purchased and everyone was out for thanksgiving
Sorry we did not have the exchangers. I even refunded you remotely from Antigua. I would think that at your age you would now like I and less of a hothead

Please everyone we sell under Lionel Atlanta (lionelatlata) because I first got into e bay by selling my lionel trains. There are some great giveaway deals for everyone. I also have not another guy, Mike Healey selling for us as well. He has just started so only has about 100 auctions or so up but the prices are so good I have to ignore them or I would never let him list for so low!!!!! Look at his selling site: (matl5)

QUOTE(sixaddict @ Nov 29 2009, 08:06 PM) *

Thanks

SirAndy
popcorn[1].gif
steveherman
QUOTE(sixaddict @ Nov 30 2009, 11:07 AM) *

Not hot just done. ... but you are not being straight up nor were you !
Facts:
1. my trip was only because I had multiple items to pick up
2. Last heat exchangers listed did not meet reserve
3. you have my phone number as I was a repeat customer
4. you did refund promptly so how does that make you a stand up guy
All the junk doesn't make up for your total disregard for my time and cost of trip.
You just don't get it .
TOT

Seems to me that George has a decent explanation.
If you have never used a turbo lister you dont know how easy a mistake like that could be made.
Especially since George is human.
your no 1 states u had multiple items to pick up- so your were making the trip anyway.
if it was your ONLY item then you would have an argument about your time and cost of trip.
your no 2 last Heat Exchangers did not meet reserve? so what. someone walked in or called in and bought them.
i am sure he had your number but he was in Antigua... i would bet he did not take your number with him.
he refunded your money...
what else could he have done?
did you want EXTRA MONEY for your time and cost of trip???
that would be ridiculous especially since you made the trip to pick up other items!
my useless 2cents.
914rat
If you don't want to be dissappointed, don't play the game.
sixaddict
I had two items to pick up but one WAS the heat exchangers .......I had already paid to ship the trim but specifically asked if I could pick up and be relieved.
Maybe now you get my point.

I probably called AA three times the week of the 16th to work out details and nobody had the decency to tell me in advance. This was a week before Thanksgiving so the "everyone was gone for Thanksgiving" left an incorrect impression.

And I can play the game and lose but a reputable seller would know what they had and he wants to run both sides of the street. Doesn't play out.
Was most of this caused by poor communication....probably .. but the number of calls I made to be sure all was straight invalidates all the excuses.

BUt this is like arguing with my crazy exwife.......bystanders can't tell who's who !

Ciao

QUOTE(914rat @ Nov 30 2009, 03:07 PM) *

If you don't want to be dissappointed, don't play the game.

Ferg
And I'm still getting his shitty spam emails even though I was removed from the list dry.gif damn that turbo lister lol-2.gif
Sleepin
You aren't handsome enough Ferg....
Mark Henry
I was going to bid on those!

Till I saw the seller.....I glad I didn't.
Ferg
Anyone wanna take a bet we will see them relisted biggrin.gif
steveherman
QUOTE(Ferg @ Dec 1 2009, 11:25 AM) *

Anyone wanna take a bet we will see them relisted biggrin.gif

how would you know if the EXACT SAME ones?
it is possible that AA has more than just one set.
tod914
lol if he had more than one set this post wouldn't of been made.
Dr Evil
No way I would have sold them for $650 either. "Oops, they disappeared. Mebbe they could reappear for $650 more wink.gif "
poke.gif
Dr Evil
Here are some for $2K plus dry.gif
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VW-Porsche-...sQ5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VW-Porsche-...sQ5fAccessories

I have a set of /6 headers that I can sell you if you are in need.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.