Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: '75 - '76 front and rear bumpers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
carl k
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I have a set of bumpers from a '75. They are in very nice condition with no cuts or tears in the rubber. The biggest issue is some small white spots on the front bumper which I have not tried to remove. Front bumper has unbroken Bosch halogen fog lights. Rear bumper has license plate lights. These do not have the small bumper tits which were optional, there are no holes for them. Rear bumper even has tow hook plug.

I know many people ditch these for the earlier models but maybe someone could use them. I never see these for sale, so don't have a good feel for prices like I do for the metal bumpers...so...asking $100 each or PM me an offer, will split or sell together. I can ship these with or without the heavy metal internal beam, or pick up in San Jose, CA.

More pictures are here:

http://s548.photobucket.com/albums/ii343/oldvespa/914bumper/

Thanks,
Carl K.
San Jose, CA
wgoldberg
could these be made to fit a 74? wgoldberg
carl k
No, not without a lot of work. They mount in an entirely different manner, not sharing any of the attachment points of a '74.

Carl K.
jim_hoyland
Were these mounted on the heavy metal piece ( 20+lbs) and then to the shock absorber ? The rubber bumpers with small tits provide attachment to the metal part, how do these attach ?

JH
carl k
These still have the heavy metal beam inside, which would mount to the shock absorber and then to the chassis. It looks like the rubber bumper covers are attached to the metal beams via: 1) plastic nubs that push through holes in the metal beam along the top, 2) rubber flanges that wrap around the ends of the metal beam on the sides, and 3) four screws through the rubber and into the metal beam along the bottom. I guess I didn't take any pictures of the back side.

Carl K.

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Dec 1 2009, 08:03 AM) *

Were these mounted on the heavy metal piece ( 20+lbs) and then to the shock absorber ? The rubber bumpers with small tits provide attachment to the metal part, how do these attach ?

JH

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.