Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Valuing a used truck
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
Off topic, but I'm hoping for some input on what this truck might sell for. My wife bought in 11 years ago for trios to Mexico.She put on about 20K miles and kept in the garage and had every service done as required and replaced the motor. I never drove the truck and just cleaned it up. She is going to sell it, but has no idea what they sell for, my searches show a high of $5,000 and low of $2,500. This truck is in amazing condition, see the photos, let me know your thoughts. She will put in on auto-trader next week. It has 5.0L FI Motor, 4 wheel drive, and everything works except the AC which has to be upgraded to the new requirements.

Any help will be appreciated---I need the garage space for the Boxster......
jim_hoyland
more... Total milage is 109K today.
championgt1
Nice looking truck. I would think you should be able to get right around 4 grand for it.
zymurgist
Awesome truck... somebody should want it. Have you looked for a Ford truck website where they would have for-sale sections like 914world has?
J P Stein
I put my 90 Ford F250, 460 auto, 103K miles on Craig's list for 2250......got no action.
2 weeks later I put it back on for 1750....took 1500 2 days later. Not as nice as your pics show yours, but decent.....a good solid truck.

In this market if you wanna move it, go low.
sean_v8_914

More Photos Condition Value

Excellent
$2,690

Good
$2,390

Fair
$2,040
agentblr
IN my part of the country a dented up rusted out beater is still a $2500 truck. That baby is clean,I would say at least a $3500 truck around here. Try advertising it on some of the midwest CL's Like oklahoma city,kansas city,st louis. Ford trucks are BIG here in flyover country.Every Audi I have sold went to Colorado...gotta advertise where they are popular.
sean_v8_914
kbb.com
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Nov 30 2009, 01:17 PM) *

kbb.com

Good suggestions above ! The KBB, with all the options, and calling it excellent condition comes out at $3,450 for my zip code. My gut feeling originally was $3,500 to $3,700

I like the idea of posting on a midwest craigslist. Really don't need a 4 x4 in So Cal
I'll post it on our non-914 classified first when the wife settles on an asking price, just in case someone is interested or knows someone. It also has the towing package and handles trailers with electric brakes.....
r_towle
If you want to see what things are really selling for, go to Ebay and lookup your truck, then click on the "completed searches" to see what things are actually selling for.

KBB seems to have done a reality check finally, NADA has not...they are still living in a better economy.

Rich
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(r_towle @ Nov 30 2009, 04:14 PM) *

If you want to see what things are really selling for, go to Ebay and lookup your truck, then click on the "completed searches" to see what things are actually selling for.

KBB seems to have done a reality check finally, NADA has not...they are still living in a better economy.

Rich

Interestingly, there is one on EBay, same year and model without a shell. Gonna see how his bidding ends up:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-F-150-...5fCarsQ5fTrucks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.