Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: center engine case bolt?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
wayne1234
Getting my engine parts together.. I noticed my case bolt that goes on passenger side near push rod tubes, isnt in the best shape and it doesn't appear to be the right washer. So I need one with washer, is this bolt indeed different It does not have a nut as this is the one that threads directly into the other case half. Thanks
type47
PET figure 111-05 shows #3 is a hex head bolt M8 x 72 N010.373.2 and the copper washer is 021.101.189 sealing ring 8,2 x 16. I don't know if there is anything special about these parts, someone more knowledgeable shoudl pipe in. I would search McMaster-Carr for the copper washer, maybe they have it but you'd probably have to buy 100 and shipping would cost more than the washers. But you could think Group Buy! biggrin.gif
Al Meredith
The copper washer is in every casket kit. Most people don't know what it is for. It is to seal the short center camshaft bolt since it can leak. The copper is soft and will seal the bolt. only use it once.
914runnow
QUOTE(wayne1234 @ Dec 1 2009, 01:52 PM) *

Getting my engine parts together.. I noticed my case bolt that goes on passenger side near push rod tubes, isnt in the best shape and it doesn't appear to be the right washer. So I need one with washer, is this bolt indeed different It does not have a nut as this is the one that threads directly into the other case half. Thanks

I am in process of building my 1.8 ..that bolt is NLA....
as are many of the case hardware pcs....
I call it the case breaker bolt......If yah got a greasy case and miss it,
you brake the case..Try Auto Atlanta..The bolt is silver as opposed to most case bolts being black..I'm sure someone here can hook you up..AA also might have the washer..Good luck..
benalishhero
I too am searching for the washer. My '82 Vanagon needs one as it leaks. I tried to reuse it in vain.
wayne1234
the old one was black and it leaked. thats why I figured something wasn't right any body got a part # or have one I need one soon
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.