Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: 914 Toys suitable for kids?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
carl k
Hi all-

Since getting my 914 project on the road for the first time last week, my son (age 6) has been asking me for a toy 914 for Christmas. I'm not ready to drop $50 for a nice die cast "collectible"- last Christmas year he drove the wheels off the toy Anglia I got for him within a month.

Are there any 914 toys on the market? I can't seem to find anything!

thanks!
Carl K.
Gustl
I have no kids, so I don't really know what toys are suitable for a 6 year old boy, but probably the old german vinyl models from Tompte and Stelco

Click to view attachment

they are 1/43 and offered on eBay all the time (sell for about 10-15 $)

beerchug.gif Gustl
Lavanaut
I'd suggest maybe a nice new bumperette, or perhaps a shift boot? Ooh! Washer bottle! biggrin.gif

ps:

welcome.png
Zundfolge
Here you go, the PERFECT toy for the child of a 914 enthusiast.

http://store.autotoolexpress.com/ast012.html
sixaddict
I got really cool one .....small ( 3" long) yellow 914 in Germany last year for about $15. It is yellow, Trouble is no specila box. Would donate to the cause for shipping if you can't find anything. I can replace on my next trip and I have no yellow cars. Just let me know.
Terry
sixaddict
Carl;
Its even a 6 but maybe thats setting the bar too high !
Tom_T
QUOTE(Gustl @ Dec 2 2009, 10:38 AM) *

I have no kids, so I don't really know what toys are suitable for a 6 year old boy, but probably the old german vinyl models from Tompte and Stelco

Click to view attachment

they are 1/43 and offered on eBay all the time (sell for about 10-15 $)

beerchug.gif Gustl

Go for the hard top ones in the back, to avoid cuts & choking problems with the plexi-windshields on the top-off versions in the front row.

Then get yourself & your son (future gift) the nice die cast ones (one each so you two "kids" won't fight over it) before they're NLA, & save it until he's 10 +/- to give it to him! biggrin.gif

BTW - if there's a daughter in the picture &/or other siblings, don't leave them out - esp. on the die cast "future gifts" - speaking as one who raised a boy & girl 20 months apart & endured the battles! dry.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(sixaddict @ Dec 2 2009, 02:37 PM) *

I got really cool one .....small ( 3" long) yellow 914 in Germany last year for about $15. It is yellow, Trouble is no specila box. Would donate to the cause for shipping if you can't find anything. I can replace on my next trip and I have no yellow cars. Just let me know.
Terry

Nice offer Terry! ...kudos!! beerchug.gif
sixaddict
Thanks Tom
Story just reminded me of my little girl @ about 3 saying " daddy when I get big can I have a 914" ! how bout I throw in a corvette ! as wife at the time said.
Carl ...it is perfect ...never "driven" but didn't come in box. I don't "play" with them so in essence it is still new.
Will send pic if you are not sure it fills the bill.
Terry
carl k
Terry-

Thanks for the kind offer. I did wind up getting a Schuco toy off eBay. My six year old refers to the 914 as "the race car" and he has told me that it's the car he's going to drive "when I'm in college". I can't complain about those goals. Don't know if my wife is gonna be happy having it around that long, considering all the other stuff in my "iron garden".

Click to view attachment

I'll have to find another toy for my four year old.

By the way, here's my introduction:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=102163

Carl K

QUOTE(sixaddict @ Dec 2 2009, 04:10 PM) *

Thanks Tom
Story just reminded me of my little girl @ about 3 saying " daddy when I get big can I have a 914" ! how bout I throw in a corvette ! as wife at the time said.
Carl ...it is perfect ...never "driven" but didn't come in box. I don't "play" with them so in essence it is still new.
Will send pic if you are not sure it fills the bill.
Terry

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.