Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need Source for Hole Plugs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
D1A3
Hi Folks,

We pulled the hole plugs out of the car for paint and now we cannot seem to find replacements at any of the usual places. Is there a kit that is available like for American cars? If not, can anyone point me to the right place to go? (BTW: The holes are not yet prepped and the rust in the pictures willbe addressed)

Below are some pics of the areas where we need the hole plugs:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Also, what about the round holes that go across the bottom of the front clip? These are like 2-3" in diameter? Looks like I', missing two of those (Not the bumper shock holes as I have Engman's block-off's for those)

Click to view attachment

We're trying to get the paint done tomorrow,. so your quick help on this is MUCHO appreciated!

Thanks,
Jason
agentblr
Try your FLAPS for the sill holes,they need to be low profile as to not rub when the door is closed. As for the front oil cooler holes,anyone who has parted a teener has a large box of em. I prolly have 50 of them,If you cant source them locally I can send you a few for shipping.
SirAndy
QUOTE(D1A3 @ Dec 2 2009, 07:50 PM) *

Below are some pics of the areas where we need the hole plugs:

Them holes are not stock, so anything you can find that fits will be just as good as the old ones ...

bye1.gif Andy
tod914
You can try a ziebart place, or why not just close them up if your going to repaint it.
Mike Bellis
Yea they look like ziebart to me also. I think you should weld them closed if you can.
Spoke
I just make small round pieces of metal that almost fit and weld them in. I've never thought about buying metal circles, but, then again, I'm a CSOB.
D1A3
Thanks guys!

I had a feeling that is what I would hear. :-)
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Those are rust proofing holes drilled into your car by a butcher when it was new. They MUST be welded up. The front panel plug is commonly available at the usual sources. We have plenty in stock
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.