Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Steel Flare measurement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
andys
For anyone with steel flares, would you be so kind as to measure the widest point of the opening at the bottom on both the fronts and the rears. I'm guessing 28"

Also, I saw a post that showed the measurement from the door jam to the opening of the front flare being 6 1/4". Can anyone verify this?

Thanks a bunch, I appreciate it.

Andys
elmonte
Jeff Hail posted this

Click to view attachment

Cheers

Phoenix-MN
I don't remeber where I got this, but here's some more measurements from a 916
and GT

Click to view attachment
jk76.914
QUOTE(andys @ Dec 2 2009, 11:36 PM) *

For anyone with steel flares, would you be so kind as to measure the widest point of the opening at the bottom on both the fronts and the rears. I'm guessing 28"

Also, I saw a post that showed the measurement from the door jam to the opening of the front flare being 6 1/4". Can anyone verify this?

Thanks a bunch, I appreciate it.

Andys

Mine are factory steel flares- 28.5" front, 29" rear.

Jim

andys
QUOTE(jk76.914 @ Dec 3 2009, 07:59 AM) *

Jim

Thanks Jim, those were the dimensions I was looking for.

Phoenix-MN and elmonte, it's a bit unclear to me where exactly are the reference points for the 5.50" measurement on the front flare. Is that from the front edge opening of the flare to the first body fold forthe bumper?

Andys
Cupomeat
Hmmm, what is the german at the top of the diagram?

I see Dummkopf, which generally is not a car term, happy11.gif
jk76.914
QUOTE(andys @ Dec 3 2009, 11:35 AM) *

QUOTE(jk76.914 @ Dec 3 2009, 07:59 AM) *

Jim

Thanks Jim, those were the dimensions I was looking for.

Phoenix-MN and elmonte, it's a bit unclear to me where exactly are the reference points for the 5.50" measurement on the front flare. Is that from the front edge opening of the flare to the first body fold forthe bumper?

Andys

Wrote it backwards- it's 29" FRONT, 28.5" REAR. That's the left (driver's) side. Can't get to the right.
Jim
andys
QUOTE(jk76.914 @ Dec 3 2009, 10:29 AM) *

Wrote it backwards- it's 29" FRONT, 28.5" REAR. That's the left (driver's) side. Can't get to the right.
Jim

29" for the fronts? Wow, that's a whole 1" different than I thought.

Can I get a second consensus on this measurement from someone that has a set of steel flares? Not that I don't trust your measurement Jim, but it seems there may be some variation.

Thanks,

Andys
Phoenix-MN
I have factory steel flares, I'll measure them tonight. Remember, flares were installed by hand (even at the factory) and there will be some variation from one car to another. rolleyes.gif

Paul
jk76.914
QUOTE(andys @ Dec 3 2009, 01:00 PM) *

QUOTE(jk76.914 @ Dec 3 2009, 10:29 AM) *

Jim

29" for the fronts? Wow, that's a whole 1" different than I thought.

Can I get a second consensus on this measurement from someone that has a set of steel flares? Not that I don't trust your measurement Jim, but it seems there may be some variation.

Thanks,

Andys

There's likely variation. My body guy pointed out the hand hammering marks still on the flares when I gave them over to him. Mine are definitely factory, through. I bought them through Stoddard Porsche back in 2002- they were in stock in the Atlanta warehouse, and had the Porsche logo bar code stickers.

I just waded through to the passenger side, and measured 29" FRONT, and 28.75" REAR.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Cupomeat @ Dec 3 2009, 08:43 AM) *

Hmmm, what is the german at the top of the diagram?

Somebody having fun with Google or some such ... I'm sure the underlying English sentence made sense ... rolleyes.gif

As for "Dummkopf", i use that term a lot to describe our local car driving "elite" ...
biggrin.gif Andy
Phoenix-MN
QUOTE(Phoenix-MN @ Dec 3 2009, 10:29 AM) *

I have factory steel flares, I'll measure them tonight. Remember, flares were installed by hand (even at the factory) and there will be some variation from one car to another. rolleyes.gif

Paul

Front 28 1/2"
Rear 29"

Both sides
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.