Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clutch cable/Throttle cable question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike Bellis
I've noticed if I tighten my throttle cable at the carb linkage (pull tight and clamp), when I push in the clutch the engine revs up. I stuck a fiber optic camera in the tunnel and the clutch and throttle cable tubes look like they are stacked one above the other. the throttle cable is above the clutch cable. The tubes are not loose at all. WTF.gif when the clutch is pushed, it forces the throttle cable up causing the engine to rev. If I loosen the throttle cable, the engine will not rev up. It looks as though the clutch pedal "hook" and throttle cable ball are on the same horizontal plane and almost the same elevation from the floor. If I hold the throttle pedal from moving and push the clutch, the throttle cable pops off the ball in the tunnel.

Is this typical? I do have WOT with the cable loose and pedal to the floor.

WTF.gif
Dr Evil
Not normal. The cables getting tangled around each other in installation is common, but this definitely needs to be resolved. You are saying that the tubes do not move at all, correct? Once that is ruled out, the cables interfering with one another is the next step. I am not sure which one is supposed to be on top; clutch of gas. Is it possible that they were installed incorrectly?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.