Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any Really Nice Drivers For Sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
djm914-6
Subject says most. I'll need to wait for some time before I can get my tail dragger as the wife's car will need to come first. The GTI will be officially for sale (and marketed) after I get it home. The 914/6 is just too much to drive everyday. I want a toy! Life is too short to drive an appliance.

If not a 914, what other really cool, somewhat reliable cars should be on my must see list. Prices under $10k are a must. Closer to $5k would be better. driving.gif
morgan
BMW M3 E30 1988-91
JM smilie_flagge6.gif
Gint
Some GTIs for under $5k wink.gif

http://tinyurl.com/2luz7
Bleyseng
MBenz 190e 16valve 1986-78 5 speed-165hp lots of fun
DuckRyder
I'm not sure you can get pristine 190E -16V's or E-30 M-3s for less than 10,000.00 both are great cars but i'd stay away from anything other than a real nice one.

(You think Porsche parts are high just price parts for one of those.)

If you already have a VR6 GTI, you have an nice daily driver......................

Just one man's opinion..............................
r_towle
Bud,
Drop me an email.

I might be willing to do a deal.

Rich
McMark
More of the same from a previous thread.
djm914-6
BMW M3 E30 1988-91

It's already on my look-see list. A friend bought one for $8k to use as a track car. I wonder if he ever did get that car back together.

Some GTIs for under $5k

Bite Me! But, I was thinking of holding onto mine to use as a foul weather car. Just as long as I don't really need to rely on it.

MBenz 190e 16valve 1986-78 5 speed-165hp lots of fun

Hmmm. If t'were white it it would fit nicely with my lost Miami Vice style cloths. Sometimes I miss the '80s. smile.gif

Drop me an email.  might be willing to do a deal.

Ok, I'll bite. Whatcha got? (email to follow)

If you already have a VR6 GTI, you have an nice daily driver

Now try to rely on it. I've been left stranded one too many times (that would be twice). It's far too complicated for a DIY newbie like me to work on and the garage takes forever to do anything. Some how though I keep going back in hopes that whatever failed is under warrenty. I have more new parts in this thing than old ones. New VWs are great. Really old VWs are cool. Aging late model VWs leave something to be desired.

I'll also look at the paper too see what kind of lease deals are being run on some cooler cars. I still prefer older cars though.
anthony
Maybe you need the 4 cylinder model? My '94 Jeta with 140K on the clock has been solid as a rock (knock on wood). I find it realtively easy to work on and so far I've only had to do the following other than routine maintenance:

change distributor (bad cam position sensor)
change thermostat (running too cool)
change heater hose

Not bad for 10 years of driving!
Bleyseng
That one pictured sold for $8k and had the head rebuild at 110k. A friends car so I was sorry to see it go. They only came in black and gold colors so no white. The cars corner like you wouldn't believe!

Geoff
Ferg
Hey my old thread got linked....

Anyhow, I'm still sorta looking for the same thing, for the meantime I bought a subaru impreza, not cause I wanted to, but cause I will make some good $$ on it. (I buy and sell cars on the side ph34r.gif )

But as far as a fun driver that is non porsche for myself, for under 10, i'm looking for either a 99 or newer gt mustang, early miata, or early GTI.

In the porsche side of things i'm looking at 912's, another 914, or a not ratted on 911.

I'm just holding out for the right deal to come along, and beating the piss out of the subie in the meantime. happy11.gif

Ferg.
914werke
For 10 Large you can get yourself a 1-2 yr old GSXR1000 and all the safety gear you need to do 190MPH !! clap56.gif pray.gif mueba.gif aktion035.gif
Not evan CLOSE to an appliance w00t.gif
AlexO
Same thing I'll be looking for when I move to Cali this weekend. What do the prices look like for older BMWs, VW,s and Miatas? Looking for *cheap* reliable transportation till I can get the teener down there.
djm914-6
BTTT

I'm still looking as I may have just sold the GTI today. The /6 is fun, but a bit rough for the daily commute... but really fun. laugh.gif

I've looked at a few BMWs and Mercs but I just don't get excited about them. I've started looking at some muscle cars, but the good one are a bit too much for a temperary toy. I even found a sweet 6.6L "Bandit" TA for a reasomable price. Yup, its tacky, but I have to own one some day.

So, I'm back to looking in the P-Car world. While the 944 isn't my first choice I'm looking at them. Another 914 would be great if it was in really good condition. A nice long hood 911 would be sweet too if I could get one in my price range. I'm still kicking myself for not buying a beau-T a few years back. $4k will new body work and needed nothing.

If you see a nice car for... lets say around 5-8k, give me a shout.

TIA
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.