Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dead Pedal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tradisrad
I would like to put a dead pedal in the car for my clutch foot. The wheel well does a good job, but I have noticed that my carpet is going to wear where I put my foot. Who makes a good dead pedal, how do they mount and does any one have pictures of thier install.
thanks
-Rob
jt914-6
Made my own. It bolts in the wheel well in three places. I have two or three more if anyone is interested...PM for price....

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

johnnie5
I bought a whole pedal assembly from evil bay that came with the matching dead pedal. I really like the whole assy, especially the fact that the accelerator pedal is whole, as in it is not a screw on top type... it is a whole pedal bolt in replacement. The brake and clutch pedals are obviously screw on top.

You can buy the dead pedal by itself, or as part of the whole assembly...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-911...sQ5fAccessories
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-911...sQ5fAccessories
GaroldShaffer
Old thread from a few years ago. Pedals look great!

Dead Pedal
campbellcj
I have the Rennline dead pedal.

IPB Image

BTW it looks like there are some messed-up clutch pedals (or maladjusted clutch cables) here.
tradisrad
Do all of these kits require drilling into the wheel well nd having exposed nuts?
campbellcj
QUOTE(tradisrad @ Dec 4 2009, 07:04 AM) *

Do all of these kits require drilling into the wheel well nd having exposed nuts?

I believe so. I used rivnuts. I suppose it could be welded or even epoxied if you really wanted to avoid the holes.
rjames
Automotion.com has one that is more subtle depending on what look you're going for:

Link

Click to view attachment
johnnie5
QUOTE(tradisrad @ Dec 4 2009, 07:04 AM) *

I used 2 - 1" metal stud (self tapping) shreet rock screws.... very thin. Dead pedal is mounted solid.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.