914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
kenshapiro2002
My linkage is naked:
Click to view attachment
bdstone914
QUOTE(kenshapiro2002 @ Dec 3 2009, 04:24 PM) *

My linkage is naked:
Click to view attachment

Pelican has them new for about $40. Most used ones are cracked and broken. THere is also a clamp that goes with it that sell for about $8.

914 424 501 01 Cover
914 424 503 01 Clamp

Bruce
kenshapiro2002
Thanks!

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Dec 3 2009, 08:42 PM) *

QUOTE(kenshapiro2002 @ Dec 3 2009, 04:24 PM) *

My linkage is naked:
Click to view attachment

Pelican has them new for about $40. Most used ones are cracked and broken. THere is also a clamp that goes with it that sell for about $8.

914 424 501 01 Cover
914 424 503 01 Clamp

Bruce

Tom_T
agree.gif I think that all of Pelican, PP & AA & Maybe even PMB sells them, & JWest sells a repro bellows for the rod which attaches to it too

....I agree with above - get a new one with the strap new & new bellows to keep the crud out & sleep at night!! smile.gif
markb
The dealer has them, we also have them new on the shelf.
kenshapiro2002
Who's the "Dealer"...a Porsche dealer? They have something for a 40 year old 914? Do you have the clamps?

QUOTE(markb @ Dec 4 2009, 12:06 PM) *

The dealer has them, we also have them new on the shelf.

Gint
My .02 for ya. See that phone number in Mark's sig under the GPR logo? Dial it!
type47
You've got the part numbers so call 410-666-4146, the parts department phone number for Valley Porsche in Cockeysville, MD to see if they're in stock.

Your difficulty will be that you will have to take apart some of the linkage to fit the cover on. The shaft that goes through the bushing in the metal part on the transmission (see arrow for lack of better description!) has to go through the hole in the cover.
Click to view attachment
kenshapiro2002
Thanks, but I'm tired of those guys immediately blowing me off as soon as I say 1970 914. Ordered one from PP where I'm always treated well. Gotcha about having to take the linkage apart...thanks.

QUOTE(type47 @ Dec 4 2009, 12:57 PM) *

You've got the part numbers so call 410-666-4146, the parts department phone number for Valley Porsche in Cockeysville, MD to see if they're in stock.

Your difficulty will be that you will have to take apart some of the linkage to fit the cover on. The shaft that goes through the bushing in the metal part on the transmission (see arrow for lack of better description!) has to go through the hole in the cover.
Click to view attachment

76-914
Hey Ken, I too, bought the PP canister and have been as happy with it as a 2 petered billy goat. However, I couldn't get it to "slip" on originally. Then with the cover in place and hooked on 3 corners, I gently applied heat from a heat gun untill the 4th corner snapped into place. (I don't know why a hair dryer wouldn't work as well.) It now fits tighter than socks on a rooster and without the clamp! I've had it on & off 3 times since and it still fits great.
kenshapiro2002
Great bit of advice...thanks.

QUOTE(76-914 @ Dec 6 2009, 12:19 PM) *

Hey Ken, I too, bought the PP canister and have been as happy with it as a 2 petered billy goat. However, I couldn't get it to "slip" on originally. Then with the cover in place and hooked on 3 corners, I gently applied heat from a heat gun untill the 4th corner snapped into place. (I don't know why a hair dryer wouldn't work as well.) It now fits tighter than socks on a rooster and without the clamp! I've had it on & off 3 times since and it still fits great.

ConeDodger
QUOTE(kenshapiro2002 @ Dec 4 2009, 10:08 AM) *

Thanks, but I'm tired of those guys immediately blowing me off as soon as I say 1970 914. Ordered one from PP where I'm always treated well. Gotcha about having to take the linkage apart...thanks.

My local Porsche dealer is more than happy to help me deal with my 35 year old parts needs. If I had that experience, I would calmly ask for the manager of the parts department and tell him that I feel like I was less than respected and that if he wants to supply parts for my newer Porsche, he will respect my need for parts for my older ones. You get the respect you demand.

That said, I like Pelican too...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.