Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1 piece Rear GT Bumpers, any one that's got this one, this is 4 u
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wallys914
I have a 1 inch gap that is ugly as hell, and I can not make it fit a way to cover that. Do I break out the beer3.gif welder.gif sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif

IPB Image

IPB Image

Yes the drivers exhaust is crooked, yappin.gif that's part of phase 2

Any one got pics with this one piece, or know how to fix it....

Thanks
914Mike
QUOTE(wallys914 @ Dec 3 2009, 08:20 PM) *

I have a 1 inch gap that is ugly as hell, and I can not make it fit a way to cover that. Do I break out the beer3.gif welder.gif sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif

Yes the drivers exhaust is crooked, yappin.gif that's part of phase 2

Any one got pics with this one piece, or know how to fix it....

Thanks

Bumper pad?

My one piece has the pad shape molded in to fill that space.
sixgt
It looks like a 916 bumper. Maybe made by AIR. sorry, can't offer an opinion on fixing it. Sometimes it's better to toss it and get one that fits.
914junkie
I bought a POS fiberglass bumper like that on ebay years ago and it looked worse and fit just as bad so I just bought some cheap fiberglass supplies and started cutting and adding glass where I wanted it untill I got what I was after. Even extended the sides to flow into the Sheridan body. Would have been easier to just buy a nicer one but I couldn't at the time. Go buy $40 worth of fiberglass matt and resin and play around with it. aktion035.gif
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
campbellcj
That's an unusual looking bumper. You may want to get a 'standard' type of fiberglass one that has the simulated rubber top portion included in the molding. Mine are from GT Racing but numerous other vendors sell them, including (I think) Rich Bontempi from HPH and possibly Getty Design too.
Scott S
Per the attached pics, the tabs that make up the lower valance area below the flairs are too tall, not allowing it to be placed high enough. Trim them until it rests where you want it.
Also be prepared to add an aditional support bracket just below the trunk release to keep the center alligned with the body line/eliminate sagging.
Krieger
Maybe cut off the mounting bracketts and mount themso bumber sits higher.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.