Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WOT: I'm leaving in a couple of hours for a short track speedskate
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
A&PGirl
I am going to a ice short track speedskate meet up in Jefferson City, MO for races tomorrow morning. This will be my 2nd meet I'll have under my belt.

For those who are uninitiated, its GO FAST TURN LEFT GO FAST TURN LEFT. (Don't crash is left unsaid).

I have no clue who I'll be racing with or all the events I'll have to do. laugh.gif
It all depends on seed times, gender and age. I think at least two others from my club are going along with my coach & assistant coach.

I guess if you live in the area, races start at 9:10am at Washington Park.

This what I do in my (nonexistent) spare time.
Elliot Cannon
Take your camera. Send us some pics. cheer.gif
6freak
You go girl ....... cheer.gif where all root`n for ya
SirAndy
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Dec 4 2009, 11:05 AM) *

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
VaccaRabite
Kick ass, take names!
rick 918-S
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 4 2009, 11:23 AM) *

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Dec 4 2009, 11:05 AM) *

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

agree.gif cheer.gif
VaccaRabite
So? Did you survuve the speeding ice death course?

Zach
A&PGirl
Yes.

I cleared all events and placed in the finals.

I was the only one from my club to do that. flag.gif

My coach was very happy. Two others from my club got ribbons also.

Pictures will come later today.
A&PGirl
Here's a pic from the group I was in. Both 1st +2nd of both groups and best 3rd for finals. Oklahoma is white and black. Two others would not take their jackets off. sad.gif

"Hot Shots Race 444m Heat 1"

Click to view attachment

I came in 2nd. On this run I nearly spectacularly wiped out once in the 3rd to last corner and nearly burned several times in the corners. They were slicker then cow slobber.

The line up is Me(ok 1st place), Gateway, Oklahoma, Oklahoma.
Spoke
Congratulations. Keep up the good work!
A&PGirl
There's not a lot pictures and several are blurred.
I raced:

"Hot Shots 444m Final"

"Hot Shots 333m Heat 1"

"Hot Shots 333m Final"

"Hot Shots 500m Heat 1"

"Hot Shots 500m Final"

"Hot Shots 777m Super Final"

The rink we have in Oklahoma is 100m long while the standard is 111m. I did a total of 34 laps w/the added meters at race speed. Also, our group has 0 endurance, but we have technique. So, guess what we'll be doing until the next meet in January?
A&PGirl
Here's the 777m Super Final fight for the first corner. I backed off first, so I wouldn't DQ.

Click to view attachment

777m Super Final 5secs away from falling flat on my face. Claire is 1/2 ahead and my teammate 1/2 behind.

Click to view attachment
A&PGirl
Here's the line up for the 777m Super Final.

Click to view attachment

Event Clearer

Click to view attachment

This is how exhausted I was. The kicker is everyone from Gateway that cleared all events looked fresh.
A&PGirl
Factoid:

3221m total

3221m = 2 miles 2.52 yards

SGB
Thats GREAT!
beerchug.gif
PanelBilly
Few years back I was at a speed skate meet with my daughter (roller, not ice) and one of the teenage boys was racing when his jumpsiut started to spit open! It was so funny. He didn't miss a beat, just grabbed the suit with one of his hands when the tear started to approach his waist and kept on skating. the crowd went crazy cheering him on. I don't remember what place he came in, but he was definately the big winner of the day.

Have you ever thought to trying roller speed. Its a fast sport and not cold. They do both quad and inline. If you look back at ( I can't remember the kid's name who does the speed ice in the olympics), anyways he did roller first and he did it at the Auburn, Washington ring that my daughter skated at.
Ian Stott
It does my Canadian heart good to see you participating in a sport that involves ice!! Take up curling next and then we will make you an honorary Canuck! You could skate on my driveway today, winter has finally come, get out the jackstands

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
rick 918-S
QUOTE(SGB @ Dec 6 2009, 12:13 PM) *

Thats GREAT!
beerchug.gif

agree.gif clap56.gif
ericread
QUOTE(Ian Stott @ Dec 6 2009, 01:41 PM) *

It does my Canadian heart good to see you participating in a sport that involves ice!!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

Some Canadian sports that involves ice:
Hockey
Skating
Skiing
Bobsledding (Luge included)
Canadian Football
Driving
Walking
Shopping
Doing anything whatsoever between September and July

lol3.gif
VaccaRabite
Are the kids able to stand on their own against the adults? Some of them look really tiny, and I'd be concerned about running one of them over.

'course, that may be a good reason fro them to go even faster.
Zach
A&PGirl
Vacca Rabite:

The groups are sorted by speed time, age and gender(when applicable). That little guy in the first picture runs a 15-16sec lap (he's 7-9yr). We have a 8yr in our group that couldn't go who runs a 13sec lap. Our oldest Special Olympian runs a 11-13sec lap. He can run a 10, but crash & burns a lap later.

Several years ago, we had a guy name Matt show one day and started training with us. He was 16 and ran an 11sec lap. He is now on the US National Team. flag.gif smilie_pokal.gif

PanelBilly:

Actually I have for training purposes. There is only one ice rink here and it is booked from 6am-12pm everyday. We're lucky to get 1hr on Sunday early in the morning. I'm going to check out the new roller team this Thursday at the Sand Springs roller rink.

Ian Scott:

Thanks for offer! I think I want to try long track before curling. Long track is cool. The nearest rinks are in Utah and Minnesota, though. sad.gif
Ian Stott
You can hold off on the curling for a while but never forget that curling etiquette requires the winning team to buy the losing team a drink, so in theory there are no losers! Was watching curling last night, Jennifer Jones against Amber Holland (who I curled against when she was a kid), the winner of this tournament will represent Canada at the Olympics.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
JoeSharp
Shees, I'm going "Skate" Roller or Blade?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.