Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Refinished rockers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
shelby/914
These were just done by a friend. I left them at his shop when I picked up the car from paint and they were finally sprayed a couple of weeks ago. Most of the old texture was removed to clean up some surface rust and they were shot with NAPA stone guard black #4004. It's a Martin Senour Paints product. Look nice to me, but none of the CW's in the local area have passed judgement, although a 6 owner said that he would use it on his driver. One side seems to have a little more grain than the other which came out with a flatter look. They were over shot with satin paint, not correct but I may redo them with semi flat.

2 shots ea grainy then flater one

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
shelby/914
some more close up setting, but old hands shake some.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Sorry they aren't better
flipb
Go to a Concours and park with the left side of the car facing out. At the next concours, park with the right side facing out. See which texture yields better results. smile.gif

They look good to me.

I have SS rockers with cheap black paint that is coming off in huge flakes. Anybody have suggestions for how to respray SS rockers on the cheap? I'm not looking for a CW, but thinking maybe a matte black or something with a little bit of texture like this. Can anybody recommend a rattle-can product for SS rockers?

shelby/914
Flip, the stuff above is a rattle can.

Dan
Gint
Look good to me Danny. I don't really know or care anymore what is concourse correct. If you like and are happy with them is all that matters.
tat2dphreak
I have SS rockers with cheap black paint that is coming off in huge flakes. Anybody have suggestions for how to respray SS rockers on the cheap? I'm not looking for a CW, but thinking maybe a matte black or something with a little bit of texture like this. Can anybody recommend a rattle-can product for SS rockers?

yep, I did mine(SS also) in rattle can, body color, using a etching primer(2 coats primer, 3 coats paint) I went for smooth tho...

mine had some bedliner or something sprayed on them that I hated.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.