Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rear springs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
morph
on alot of the cars ive dismatled there are colors swiped on the springs my brother was telling me there spring weights.does anyone know what they are ?
i have white, green,and red on springs.
davep
I am familiar with the green markings, and they came in one, two and three bars. I am not sure that there was a specific rate for each one, but it was more like low, mid and high in the tolerance range for that rate. When the springs were made, they were rate tested and binned as 1, 2 and 3. The idea was that rate matched springs would improve handling.

DaveP
morph
so the green ones are factory ? most the green ones i got are 2
a couple 1s.
Eric_Shea
Supposedly, 914's had green and 914-6's had yellow paint markings.

As Dave mentioned, They were matched and marked with 1, 2, or 3 marks accordingly. I haven't got a clue if the 1's or the 3's were supposedly heavier but... you should have a matching number of marks (E.G.: 3 per spring)

I've seen orange as well which could be a faded red. Your white may be a faded yellow...?
majkos
Kinda cool to hear Porsche went out of their way to build a good handling car,Matched springs! Does the big three do that? blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.