Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tire Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rezron
Just moving on with my conversion to 6X16 and trying to get input on tires. I mainly want some 205/55's for street use and am finding lots of options on tirerack. I'd like something that looks and handles nice and is gonna last. I'm also seeing that most of the tires this size vary from 8.2-8.4".
Any opinions?

thanks in advance,
rezron
seanery
Tire Rack is a good resource. They show the temp\traction\treadwear info for each tire and have a customer rating system.

I bought some BFG KDS tires since we get rain around here. They aren't one of those "cool looking" tires, but they look nice. I'm just waiting to hear from Al Reed about my wheels being done. How long did yours take? They received mine on March 1.
rezron
seanery,
I think it might have taken about a month to get them back. Are you going high polish with painted webs? I think you'll be happy with the results.

rezron beerchug.gif
ss6
I had a set of Kumho Ecsta 205/55 street tires on my 6x16's, took me through a season and a half of DE's, very little wear, kept me on the track through the beginner's run group. Eventually replaced them with Pilot Sport Cup's to get more "stick" on the track (ah, the money pit deepens), but they were still "like new", too bad I didn't have an extra set of rims.
TheCabinetmaker
I only have 4 bolt 15's and run the Kumho ecsta's also. After a year of regular and sometimes spirited street driving, and an occasional AX, They have no noticeable tread wear. I'll buy them again. Especialy at $350 mounted and balanced.
seanery
rezron,
Mine will look just like yours. I opted for the hand painted crests as well. Your pictures are what pushed me into this.
So, thanks!
Bleyseng
Just found this site on rims and sizes and backsets. Worth a looksee...

http://members.rennlist.com/1976c38/index.html
rezron
Which model of the Kuhmo Ecsta are you guys using?
The MX, 712, - I thought the ASX looked interesting for an all season street.

rezron
TheCabinetmaker
Damn, ya made me go look laugh.gif MX. No problem with wet streets yet.
ss6
I used the Ecsta Supra 712's. Great warm season tire, not recommended for snow, though who drives their teener during rust season???
SirAndy
QUOTE(rezron @ Mar 20 2004, 06:24 AM)
Any opinions?

you probably haven't heard of these, but they're really good.
i run them in 225/50x15 and they stick like hell!

they have 'em in 205/55x16 ...

Nankang Tires

Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.