Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car Leans to Passenger Side
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jschaible
My 1.8L car leans to the passenger side. The lean can be seen from the front or sad.gif back, but it's definitely more pronuunced at the right (passenger) rear corner. Any ideas what trouble I am in for? Is it the rear coil springs?
VaccaRabite
Could just be springs.
Could be that the rear console is rusted/torn/no longer functional.

Put that side up on jackstands, pull the rear wheel, and start taking pictures and showing us what you find.

Pay close attention to the area where the rear swing arm attaches to the body of the car. That console can rust from the inside out. BUT IT CAN BE FIXED! It may also be indicative of other rust issues with your car though.

Zach
Eric_Shea
Check the inside mount (where the 22mm nut attaches) of your rear control arm pivot shaft. This is the suspension console Zach refers to.

Because it's the passengers side (where the battery is) and more in the rear, this is what I would suspect.

It's very common for battery acid to run down that side and prematurely rust that mount.
Eric_Shea
I just noticed there's a good picture of what we're talking about in TwinTurbo914's thread:

Click to view attachment
SirAndy
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Dec 6 2009, 05:56 PM) *

Could be that the rear console is rusted/torn/no longer functional.

agree.gif

My money would be on a cracked suspension console ...
sad.gif Andy
silver74insocal
hope for the best...plan for the worst. please post some pics of your car and its predicament for all us newbies! (especially your engine compartment if its complete with FI..I'm dyin to see a complete 1.8 engine!!) good luck sir
hot_shoe914
Stop at the next corner and tell the fat chick to get the hell out! av-943.gif poke.gif
70Sixter
And if the above are all okay -- it could be that the car has been corner balanced with a driver aboard.
McMark
yawn.gif

Wake me when we find out what happened....
kenshapiro2002
Overweight SO? lol-2.gif

QUOTE(jschaible @ Dec 6 2009, 08:41 PM) *

My 1.8L car leans to the passenger side. The lean can be seen from the front or sad.gif back, but it's definitely more pronuunced at the right (passenger) rear corner. Any ideas what trouble I am in for? Is it the rear coil springs?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.