Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ultimate 914 Project Engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pbanders
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PORSCHE-CAR...=item3a55a40324

I figure if someone's stuck a 962 motor into a 914, that this has to be the next step.
SirAndy
The Carrera's designers chose a mid-engine design, placing the engine behind the cockpit to achieve a weight distribution that makes the car extremely aerodynamic.

What?
huh.gif Andy
URY914
Sometime guys don't post enough pictures with their ad and sometimes they post too many...
flipb
a thought:

The bonehead who attempted walking on water in a Veyron was rumored to own an exotic-car salvage business.

This drivetrain is for sale in Spring, TX - about an hour from Galveston...

idea.gif
TravisNeff
Hi Brad smile.gif
Gint
agree.gif Hiya Brad bye1.gif A couple of familiar faces we haven't seen in a while coming out today.
pbanders
QUOTE(Gint @ Dec 8 2009, 03:31 PM) *

agree.gif Hiya Brad bye1.gif A couple of familiar faces we haven't seen in a while coming out today.

Hi Mike and Travis! Yeah, I haven't logged on in ages. I've just started driving my 914 a bit more recently. Just sold my M3 a few weeks ago, still driving my Boxster for the most part when I need a sports car fix. Otherwise, I have an '09 Honda Fit Sport for my daily driver. I love it because I can beat the absolute he|| out of it and nobody knows I'm doing it! It has these ridiculous paddle shifters that look like they came right off of a video game controller.

Travis, I see you're still here in AZ, I guess you've still got your 914?
turboman808
Thats a pretty sweet drive train. wub.gif
smontanaro
If I was gonna spend a huge amount of money I don't have on an engine I think I'd rather have a four-cam. biggrin.gif

Sorry for the hijack...

Edit: That link took me up a level then tohere which has a video clip of that Speedster doing a tour lap at Lime Rock. I'd never actually heard a four-cam before. Very busy sound...

That took me to KAM Motors which is apparently defunct now, but the Wayback Machine has many saved versions and looks like it has plenty of saved pix. (Alas, the Wayback Machine isn't quite as responsive as Google.)

Skip
Gint
QUOTE(pbanders @ Dec 8 2009, 03:56 PM) *
I have an '09 Honda Fit Sport for my daily driver. I love it because I can beat the absolute he|| out of it and nobody knows I'm doing it!

av-943.gif
Maltese Falcon
...somebody grab my torch, there just might be enough room under those heatshields biggrin.gif
Marty

Click to view attachment
TravisNeff
I still have both 914's. One of them will be getting a 3.2 this spring.
r_towle
QUOTE(turboman808 @ Dec 8 2009, 06:41 PM) *

Dude, anyone can drive a jag.....no one else on earth would have a 914 with that in it....you would be famous.

I am sure Chris and Ed could make it fit.

Rich
ClayPerrine
Looks like the start of another Alien...... alien.gif alien_2.gif ricola.gif
Cevan
QUOTE(r_towle @ Dec 8 2009, 09:14 PM) *

Dude, anyone can drive a jag.....no one else on earth would have a 914 with that in it....you would be famous.

Rich

Go for it! Having seen Ed's turbo 914, I'm pretty sure he and Chris could do it.
JmuRiz
That'd be a great sounding engine, but if I were going watercooled, I'd just get a new GT2 motor from my dealer for $17k (I think that's the price they were selling them for...with turbos!).
turboman808
QUOTE(r_towle @ Dec 8 2009, 06:14 PM) *

Rich

Yeah sure and lets see how quickly I kill myself. LOL

I got plans for my 914 in the next 2 years. None of them involve more power but it will be much faster. driving.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(turboman808 @ Dec 9 2009, 03:08 PM) *

QUOTE(r_towle @ Dec 8 2009, 06:14 PM) *

Rich

Yeah sure and lets see how quickly I kill myself. LOL

I got plans for my 914 in the next 2 years. None of them involve more power but it will be much faster. driving.gif

Do it...you will be famous and you could probably sell the car to a museum when your done...then buy a jag with the profit.

Rich
charliew
You don't even get the ac compressor. It is a nice flat configuration but the axle flanges seem pretty high.
siverson
> I'd just get a new GT2 motor from my dealer for $17k (I think that's the price they were selling them for...with turbos!).

Really? That seems hard to believe (too cheap).

Actually for $50k, that's doesn't seem that bad. A similar transmission is going to be at least $15k, so $35k for the engine... ? I noticed the ECU is not included. Maybe the first CGT with MegaSquirt! smile.gif

-Steve
JmuRiz
Yeah, the local Porsche of Alexandria was selling off their stock of NOS motors...crazy deals for water-cooled engines.
Geezer914
Hurry and place your bid, you don't want this one to get away!
ejm
QUOTE(r_towle @ Dec 8 2009, 09:14 PM) *

No problem. Bring money. biggrin.gif
ChrisFoley

Go for it!
We are here to help. sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif welder.gif driving.gif
Solo914
I think that porsche motorsport leases the Cup car engines for the 997 for $33k or so. So, 17k for a GT2 seems off.

Come on somebody, buy it buy it buy it.

Kyle
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.