Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Upstate NY Transmission Clinic
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
westo2
Hey everyone,
I figure Upstate New York should jump on the Bandwagon while Dr. Evil is still available to perform this service.

Dates will be June 5th and 6th.

Location will be in Skaneateles, NY, in the heart of the Finger Lakes (about 30 minutes south west of Syracuse). It is about an hour north of Binghamton/the PA line, or 2 hrs from Buffalo, or 2 1/2-3 hrs from Albany. Got a good sized garage, and plenty of tools.

Terms will be the same as Dr. Evil's other transmission clinics.... $300 to participate, $0 to watch. We have 2 confirmed as of right now, so we need at least 2 more to make this happen.

Some of his other clinics for info:
NorCal
Ontario
PNW
Atlanta

-Weston
Dr Evil
I think that is accurate enough smile.gif
auerbach
Hershey is the 24th.
jd74914
That is very tempting. Its only about a 5hr drive from here. I really hope you can get two more people. I'd love to go, but my Senior Design project is due around the end of April and cannot guarantee that I will have time before mid-March. The first weekend in April might work, I'll have to check.

So, moral of the story-there must be 2 more NY guys wanting to do! :fingers crossed: so I can sign up later if possible. smile.gif
Dr Evil
I am flexible on the month if the host is. So long as we get the host and I available on the same dates we are golden smile.gif
westo2
We can do May if needed.... What works for you?
westo2
*Bump*

Any other interest out there? I know it's cold out up here in NY and our teenrs are sleeping sound. Spring will be here before you know it though!
westo2
Bump
mjl1147
Westo,
I'd be interested in attending if you get enough folks. My transmission does not currently need a doctor, though.
auerbach
Mike. Depending on the date I'm in and I'll even donate my car. I just have to watch th DE date foe Metro and I'm no good April 10th and the weekend around June 18th.
westo2
How about May 15th-16th? Gets us clear of Hershey, and won't conflict with mother's day (I know my wife would be ready to kill me if I told her I was spending mother's day rebuilding a transmission).
mjl1147
Sounds good.
westo2
Dates set - June 5/6.
westo2
We've got spectators - still need two builders to confirm - anyone?
Dr Evil
Better hurry, time is running out smile.gif
rallysport70
I am interested. I apologize for not being up to speed on this. I am dealing w/some personal things right now, but am only a few hours away. I lived in Auburn for a while, and I'm originally from Rochester. I have family about 40 minutes away, so this is real doable for me. I will research further asap, but can someone quickly tell me what the "participation" is?

Are you looking to have people do a rebuild in the clinic? What parts might we need in advance?

My trans is out and drained. It would be nothing to haul it out there. As of right now, I don't have anything on the calendar that weekend.

Dr Evil
Click on any of the clinic links below for more info and examples of past clinics.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.