Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eibach springs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
majkos
After reading a note from Brad pray.gif
I'm wonderin' "how did you know theses 180# were Eibach?" What's wrong with them? And is it bad to go with adjustable Bilstiens? C'on everybody,I would like to hear what you all have to say,to get my *edumcation* up! Hell,I just learned how to NOT install front torsions bars! headbang.gif
Brad Roberts
Eibach doesnt make a 180# spring and the Eibachs are BLUE not black like a crappy Weltmeister spring.

1.What REAR Koni do you have ?

2.Can you take a pic and show me/us ?

If you have the old school red ones you will need a 8 inch spring and the adjustable threaded perches/collars.

B
Brad Roberts
The Weltmeister spring is too long for the amount of adjustment you have in the perch of a Red or Yellow Koni... so go with a shorter spring and threaded collars.

This is a Bilstein with the threaded setup... same thing for a Koni.

B
majkos
They were "Yellow" ones,claimed to be Eibach,which I've bought off e-bay.I was just happy to find 180's to replace my 140's I'm not made of money No work for..... too long.Any how I've another project car,came loaded with goodies,one of them is a Jacob elec.ign. I'm sure the Koni's are old original,came from a 914/6 somebody gave me because he's was doing a total restore,with new everything,(Even gave me the 5-lug Fuch's!) That's the knowledge I have(Very little) lol3.gif
majkos
I forget, sorry no camera.
Please forgive me if this sounds like a stupid question, but could I purshase a "threaded" set-up or is it part of the shocks?
majkos
Please forgive me,
how bad is it to use "Cut" ohmy.gif springs?
I'm sooooooooooo new!
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(majkos @ Mar 20 2004, 09:05 AM)
Please forgive me,
how bad is it to use "Cut" springs?

bad. don't do it. you are forgiven.

( smile.gif )
majkos
Bless you! pray.gif

Now I've a set I blew $40 on! fighting19.gif
Well a $40 lesson! stfu.gif
majkos
huh.gif Ummm.if Eibach are blue,what's the hell are these yellow ones? confused24.gif
John
My Eibach springs (350#) are RED in color. I believe that the color may be related to spring rates. I don't believe you can identify manufacturer of spring by color.

Attached file shows our springs on Bilstien shocks that were re-valved. Original source: Galen Bieker Garretson Engineering. (I do believe)

I do wish I had the adjustable spring perches. Ours are simply snap-ringed to the shock body. There are 4 or 5 grooves (heights available). Luckily, our car is straight and is in balance (proven when we corner-balance our car annually).

Good luck.
rhodyguy
my new 100# really stink on a a-x course.

kevin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.